Sunday, April 4, 2010

Welcome to France!!

It appears that Dad and I walked further than we imagined today if my text message from Vodafone welcoming me to France and detailing the French tariff is anything to go by.  Very strange when we never left Blighty - I swear.  In actual fact we never made it to the South Downs, instead we ventured to the Jurassic Coast in Devon and walked an infinitesimal part of the 630 mile long South West Coast Path - specifically from Swanage to the Dancing Ledge and back again. This roundtrip took us about 3 hours and we reckon we covered about 7-8 miles in total.  But and this is a big BUT and as my Dad will testify "most of it was vertical" as it involved scrambling up very, very step hills and then recovering from the altitude sickness!

It appears that I'm becoming an exercise junkie as my bad mood of the past two days dissipated with this afternoon's walk/scramble and I've reverted back from my impersonation of a teething toddler to my normal "adult" alter ego - much to my Dad's immense relief. x

Proof I really was there!                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment