Friday, April 9, 2010

TGI Friday

If only!! (image courtesy of fitnesstrainingathome.com)

Despite what you're all thinking, NO I didn't slope off to TGIs for a cheeky cheeseburger today - though the thought alone is making me salivate. Instead I'm just mightily relieved that I've made it through a week (OK four days to be accurate) with no travelcard, just my legs.

Even my colleagues are noticing (though given yesterday's fashion mishap it would be hard not to!) but very kindly believe that I'm RUNNING to and from work. Although I'm very tempted NOT to dissuade them of this notion as it is hard to convince people that you can look this knackered from walking alone, I am pleased that news of my mission is spreading as its therefore becoming harder and harder to give in or cheat.

However cheat I did but only slightly as this morning as I was running late for 7am Training so had to hop on the no 16 bus rather than miss my first session with SuperTrainer Sarah in a fortnight - which is the lesser of two evils!?

As it was I arrived ten minutes late but the very lovely SuperTrainer Sarah was still there (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU), with her not so lovely medicine ball. Forty minutes later - I managed to hobble off in one piece - JUST. Sarah on the other hand floated off to a SuperChick photoshoot still a vision of appropriately peachy loveliness.

My jellyfied legs are definitely feeling the effects of this week's regime, so much so that this morning I had to pause to contemplate how best to traverse what can only be described as "a very gentle incline" into St James' Park as my legs weren't convinced they'd make it. At this rate I'm going to need a zimmerframe to complete the MoonWalk. Luckily the legs made it and they even held up all throughout work and got me home again. Though I'm learning to ignore SuperTrainer Sarah's advice to stretch out post walks at my peril!

So only 10 more weeks to go - so little time and so much ground to cover!! Although ten weeks of this glorious weather please almighty Weather Gods would make the process INFITESIMALLY more enjoyable. Toned AND sunkissed - can't wait!!

Off to put my feet up for a much needed rest and dream of my winnings from tomorrow's Grand National x

No comments:

Post a Comment