Friday, April 23, 2010

Mission Readiness Report - 1 month in.


At one month down, with just two months left til D-Day, I wanted to do a quick mission readiness review to see if/how I'm progressing. - Here it is:

Progress so far:
  • After tentatively weighing myself I now apparently coming in UNDER the 12 stone marker, even with all my new muscles! - Truly delighted at this as I have probably only been here twice in the last 5 years. Only another 18 lbs to go!
  • Completed 14 SuperChick sessions in the last four weeks.
  • Covered 167 miles on foot over the last four weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Personal Bests:
  • Walking 16.5 miles in a day - although admittedly in two parts.
  • Completing a day's Mountain Biking although I really REALLY wanted to admit defeat.
  • Only eating half of a Gu Chocolate Lola cupcake before I had to throw it away - just didn't want to eat anymore as it was too sickly sweet. Normally I would think nothing of eating two.
  • Preparing and eating salads with no dressings for Lunch which amazingly although dressing-free are still totally yummy.
  • There has been a jar of Nutella in my cupboard which although bought last Sunday is still 5/6ths full. CRAZZZZZZZZZZZY!
Areas for Improvement:
  • Sloped off Monday's SuperChick class as I just didn't feel like it - this mustn't be the beginning of the decline so actively need to put a stop to any such excuses.
  • Still too many snack attacks - inhaled a packet of crisps, reeces pieces and some chocolate toffees within the space of 20 mins on Tuesday afternoon - mostly from boredom.
  • Getting enough SLEEP. 5am wake up calls and getting home at 9pm still to have dinner, shower, blog etc is taking its toll. Cue the meltdown I had at work on Wednesday.
  • Not letting evening social engagements distract me/excuse me from walking home etc.
Things I'm excited about:
  • The long weekend ahead and a mini-holiday cum road trip to Wales where I can indulge in a Gleefest as I sadly no longer have to accomodate anyone else's music taste.
  • Early morning sensation that my tummy is shrinking - can't really explain it to anyone who has never been overweight and then tried to lose the weight - but its the one thing that reassures me this mission might be working.
  • Following an appointment this week and all my walking which I believe is said to  be great for creativity - I've had an idea for what I hope will prove an Spectacular Business Venture - so excited about it that managed to slice three of my fingers the other day without realising it till much later. Dripping blood is a bit of a giveaway luckily.  Check back next week for more details of proposed business venture and to see whether I have any limbs remaining - would be honoured for your assistance with some market research.
Things I'm dreading:
  • Packing for Wales. Navigating self through rural Wales. Then attempting to keep up with what I suspect will be the super fit and super experienced Welsh Walking Contingent this weekend when I'm struggling with a horrid Chest Infection.
  • My Mary Stewart audio books running out - only 2 left.  Trying to source EF Benson's Mapp and Lucia series in MP3 format to replace it - another one of my kookie loves.
Self Assessment Score:

7.5/10 Great Progress but more work to do so need to stay FOCUSED.

p.s. Just in case you haven't already heard - next week is Walk to Work week.  So check out walkingworks.org.uk for all the details. x

No comments:

Post a Comment