Thursday, April 8, 2010

cool. calm. collected. NOT

Today I succumbed to one of the BIGgest faux pas (pl) possible and completed today's work outfit with Shock, Horror... Trainers. After years of internally chiding all those women for wearing trainers with an otherwise fab work ensemble, when there are perfectly gorgeous and equally practical flats that could be worn instead, I'm now also guilty of this heinous fashion crime myself. I don't care what anyone says I've yet to see anyone pull of this look and still have the men transfixed - at least not in the way I would want!

However after carrying a change of clothes everywhere with me all week - I decided that as I had no official workout planned today, I should give myself a break and just don my trainers with my work outfit. GULP

Well I pretty much regretted that decision as soon as I departed as trainers, running jacket, skirt, tights and rucksac is NOT a GOOD look on anyone but particularly not me. Not only did I appear to have got dressed in the dark, I also looked a tad deranged in my impersonation of half sporty Barbie, half office Barbie (minus Barbie's enviable BUT ANATOMICALLY IMPOSSIBLE curves obviously.)


         
      Barbie needs a makeover!

Worse was to come however as arriving at work, I realised that my brand of walking is not the low impact, gentle workout that everyone believes it to be. Rather after an hour and fifty minutes of supposed "gentle workout", I was a sweaty mess and CATASTROPHE had nothing to change into. Most problematic was what to do about the all too visible damp patch right down the back of my cotton top as with no hand driers in the ladies I had nothing to dry it off with.

Well what followed was a rather damp morning and a refusal to move from my chair until I could no longer be considered a social pariah. NOT COOL. Think I'd prefer go back to impersonating a donkey with my overloaded rucksac thank you very much.

Morphing effortlessly from action/sports chic to office vixen (eyebrow raised, I wish!) is clearly an art form and one which has completely evaded me. So in an effort to avoid a repeat of today's debacle, I'm off to seek some expert guidance from one of the chicest members of the style elite. x

No comments:

Post a Comment