Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Haircare routine

Hello my lovelies :)
Right so, I seem to get a fair few compliments and comments on my hair. I really think hair can completley change the way someone looks (either for better or worse!). So, I thought I'd go ahead and do a post about my haircare routine, it's pretty simple and I've used it for a while, with a few adjustments.

I actually have naturally, very curly hair, but 9 times out of 10 I will straighten it... which I know isn't very good but hey ho. Here is a picture of my natural hair (this was about a year ago when it was shorter)...


1 - Products
I'll start off with the products that I use in my hair :)

I wash my hair with the Herbal Essences beautiful ends range shampoo and conditioner. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and I'm really liking it. I really like for my hair to look and be healthy and with the heat that I use - I need to do everything in my power to keep away split ends! If I'm not using this, I'll usually use a Patene Pro-V shampoo & conditioner (repair and protect being my favourite).

This is a conditioner type product from Lee Stafford which is supposed to promote hair growth. I can't actually get back to you on how well this works yet as I've only just started using it. But when I've come to a conclusion I'll put a review up :) Now with this, you put about a golf ball sized scoop evenly into your hair and scalp between shampoo and conditioner. I love the smell of Lee Stafford products!

This is a leave in conditioner from Frizz-Ease John Freida. My hair can sometimes get frizzy (especially if I leave to air-dry) and this is a real life saver. It stops my hair from getting frizzy and keeps my hair hydrated! Once I get out of the shower I leave my hair to dry about 80%, then I spritz this all through my hair, focussing on the ends. Then I'll continue to blow dry or I'll leave it to air dry.

Like I said earlier, I will usually blow dry and straighten my hair, which is a hecka lot of heat! So I always make sure I use a protectant... that's really important to me. I use Dove's Heat Defence Therapy, it really helps my hair to resist the heat, and it smells gorgeous too. I spray this in my hair before I blow dry and before I straighten or curl. I don't let anything hot reach my hair if I don't have this little guy to hand!

Another fab smelling product from Lee Stafford. This is a 'refreshment spray'. Whenever my hair's looking a bit dull, I get this baby out. It adds an amazing shine to my hair, with no grease and no weighing down! It's also like a perfume for the hair! A lot of people tell me my hair smells great when I've sprayed this. I love this stuff!

I only ever use hairspray when I've teased or curled my hair. My hair is really stubborn at keeping shape without curls falling out etc. so I need a hairspray that will keep it in place, but not make it crispy or too heavy. I love this Pantene Extra Strong Hold Classic Hairspray. I think it smells nice (not too much of a hair spray smell) and it really does hold my cruls in for an impressive time. No crunchyness either! Result! However I do like Elnette aswell.

2- Tools
I only actually use 2 tools on my hair and they're my best friends!

This is my hairdryer... it's a Phillips Tresemme Salon Pro-Ceramic AC, with ION technology (supposed to add shine). It's got 3 heat settings and 2 strengths. Does the job for me so thumbs up.

Now these really are my little babies! My GHD straighteners :) I used to have the wide paddle ones, until I trod on them and they broke :| it was bad times lol. But actually, I like the thin ones much better, much more purposeful. I use these to straighten (obviously) as well as curl. I think you can get sooo many different curls from using a straighner, which is why I rank them higher than curlers. LOVE these. Would like to try out the Cloud Nine's though if anyone wants to go get me a pair ;) Oh and please excuse that Starbucks mug! Lol.

Sorry this was such a long post girls! Hopefully it healped somewhat? :)
Natalieslovex

No comments:

Post a Comment