Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Photoshoot + love!

Hi beauties! Just thought I would share some pics from a previous photoshoot with Christine Chang aka CC of Christine Chang Photography!

I absolutely LOVE her work - she does lots and lots of weddings & events and shot everything from rich kiddies b-day parties to Nick Lachey's Halloween party this past year! (Lucky girl! Always rubbing shoulders with the stars hehe) She also shot my sister's wedding in Boston last June ~ the pictures turned out so beautifully that I asked if she would partake in a mini-session with me during my trip out to LA this past October. Lucky for me, she obliged. :)


Leopard couch 2

I had never done a photoshoot before and had absolutely no idea what to expect. CC told me to pick a few outfits out and we both decided what would work best the day of the actual shoot.

At first it felt kind of awkward...actually really awkward. I am definitely not a natural, so it took some time to 'warm up'

Leopard couch

***

After awhile it got much easier. I also found that props helped a lot because it got my mind off of the task at hand. Not only props, but familiar props - such as my computer, Diary, and most of all, my beloved stuffed Eeyore. I felt most comfortable with these things and I think it shows in the pictures!

Computer

Eeyorelove

Domo eye

***

My favorite set was the "princess" set - of course haha. I like the bright pops of color and overall girly-ness...no surprise there. :D The banner for my blog came from this set!

Hello kitty

Glam kitty

Diary

Diary 2

***
It was interesting to move from the cozy indoors to the vast outdoors - it made me a bit anxious to start shooting outside in plain view of complete strangers, but CC kept cracking me up the whole time which made things much MUCH easier...

Excitement

Thoughtful

The whole process took about 3 hours including outfit/makeup changes and getting set up. However, it felt like it was over much quicker!

Colorful wall

CC is truly an amazing, friendly and super talented person - although I was totally and shy, she helped me ease up and relax which made the overall experience enjoyable and FUN!

Grass

I think every girl should have the opportunity to star in her very own photoshoot. I'm quite familiar with taking pictures of myself for reviews and am pretty picky when it comes to selecting ones for viewing. From that perspective, it was difficult to relinquish control of the camera's eye and trust that the photographer wouldn't enhance my flaws, capture my double chin, or present me as unattractive in any way!

After the proofs came out, I'll admit I wasn't 100% happy with what seemed like a ton of the pictures - however, like any pics, there are going to be duds! The great thing about the photoshoot was that there were some pics that I absolutely LOVED - which is a very rare thing. :D

So yes, if you know a friend with a great camera (it seems like a lot of lovely ladies on blogger own pretty sweet cameras!) or any digital camera for that matter - go out, enjoy the nice weather, and have an inspired Spring photoshoot! :D It'll be fun to showcase your current sense of style in clothing/hair/makeup and explore your own city as you scour for good locations. Who knows, you might end up with a pretty new profile pic for blogger/fb/ms etc. and some great memories!

***

Since I have been busy with dealing with the mess in my room that is this (Spring cleaning mega closet wipeout extravaganza!), I haven't been able to dig out some of my products for reviews!!! :(

Messy

However, this Thursday, look forward to my first review in awhile :D I think I will have extracted the necessary objects by that point!

***

A MILLION HUGS TO SOPHIA for the sweetest and most random surprise ever!!! I haven't devoured the kit kats yet since I am waiting to share with boyfriend & sisters, but SOON.

Kit Kat milk coffee

Kit Kat Sakura Matcha

I loved the note so much too on the hilarious engrishy stationary!

Sophia love

***

Muchos Besos to Penelope, icitea, Vernz, Me, Mimi, Makeup&more, Christina, Tann, xiong-c, Iyah, Andrea, Ria, Samy, Daya, fionaa, kshuttle, Kat, dovile, mitchteryosa, sugar princess, i luv contests and more, mommy rubz, Zoe, joanne, Me7a, Beka, and Jo Tee!!! Spoiled yet again. *^_^*

Almost the weekend = Excited!!!!!!!

Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment