Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Female Solidarity

I can’t even begin to describe how delighted I was to receive an email yesterday from a friend to say she had been following my blog and had been inspired by my effort to also get her trainers on and walk to work. Thanks Louise – you rock and you TOTALLY made my day – Plus you saved me from bailing out of my workout yesterday when the effort just seemed too much.

Yesterday’s session was interval training and comprised mostly of running with my intervals spent gasping for oxygen trying to recover my breath (and humour!). However the great turnout of SuperChicks last night made it really fun and at least a united hell. Tonight's session by comparison was a bit dull, though SuperTrainer Gemma had her work cut out for her as we were all still feeling the previous evening's workout.

I suppose although no-one can make you get off your butt or get fit for you, the support from friends (Thanks again Louise for your smile-inducing email), the help from SuperTrainers, the interest in progress from colleagues and the smiles from other random, but considerably more proficient, power walkers all make a HUGE difference in keeping me going. To be honest I’m not sure I would have got this far without it.

p.s. Thought I'd fallen down a rabbit hole when I walked into a scene from the teddy bear’s picnic this morning – an adult sized brown fluffy teddy bear complete with satchel (familiarising himself with his London Marathon costume I wonder?) was strolling to work through St James’ Park this morning, looking as if the cares of the world were on his shoulders. Wanted to run up and give him a bear-sized hug but as I wasn’t sure if this could be misconstrued as assault and therefore an arrestable offense, I desisted – but oh so tempted.

This I imagine is what his offspring would look like! Too too cute x

No comments:

Post a Comment