Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anti-Chocolate Arsenal


Building up my love list of non-chocolate alternative treats in preparation of my post-Easter (or as the Hare has called it on her Facebook status "Eater Hols"!!) sugar and chocolate COLD TURKEY MONTH.

List so far:

INK - Be it nail varnish (got a hot pink one from Nail Inc called "Union Street" in one of my goody bags which I cannot wait to try out), new pink lingerie or just doodling on pink post its - I literally couldn't live without pink.  Really looking forward to returning home to my pink bedroom for the Easter weekend.

EONIES - Love, love, love these. To me they are like scruffy but chic imitations of roses. Bit like me on my mission to become a slightly scruffier but nonetheless chic version of an original beauty.


RADA SOAP - One of my main extravagances considering a bar of Dove soap is about 70p and equally good whereas a bar of Prada Soap is about £11.00.  However as I find perfume just too overpowering - I feel this is justifiable. But honestly even if I couldn't justify it, I would buy it anyway. The packaging is so indulgent and even after the soap is long gone, the boxes hold the gorgeous scent so I pop them in the drawers of my chest of  drawers and they keep my clothes gorgeously fragranced.

EACE and QUIET - I love having time to myself when I'm not feeling knackered just to be quiet and still and to think.  I'm always trying to live consciously rather than just keeping up with the fast tide of life so true time to be peaceful and quiet is the ultimate luxury.


So equipped with my anti-chocolate arsenal - after a month I will be a prada scented, pink belt in the art of meditation with peonies in my hair!

p.s. As an early Easter treat, I gave myself a break from training today as another session in the cold and wet would, I fear, have completely broken my spirit for good. Although saying that, I had a meeting on a residential estate down from Elephant and Castle this afternoon and since it was only 1.6 miles from the office I walked there and back (carrying my training kit with me in case the weather improved in time for SuperChicks).  I'm so proud that my first reaction was to check walkit.com (my new favourite love as their printable maps are truly fantastic and they give you directions much like routeplanner but walkfriendly ones of course) and when I realised it was manageable and probably quicker than public transport I didn't even bother checking TfL. REPEAT SO PROUD OF MYSELF. x  

No comments:

Post a Comment