Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Best way to avoid temptation - GIVE IN TO IT!!

Mixed report:


  • For the past two days I’ve WALKED to and from Work and as such have covered the very impressive (even if I do say so myself) 22 MILES on FOOT Hooray! This has taken a Herculean effort and has to be the furthest I’ve ever walked in 48 hours - clearly I don’t get out much!! My feet however are not feeling so ecstatic, though I’ve spotted a home remedy tip on my recent internet travels which I’m keen to try out.                         

(MSN Life and Style)
  • As well as completing my almost marathon walk (admittedly in four parts with 8 hour breaks in between – but those don’t count surely), I have also managed two SuperChick circuit/interval sessions. I am still struggling massively with the running portions of the sessions. HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE running distances over 50 metres – though SUPERChick Founder Cat’s Top Tip yesterday to “MOVE MY ARMS” has made a massive difference!

However I still have considerable scope for improvement on this front if this morning’s performance is anything to go by when my fellow SuperChick, complete with dodgy hip and after impaling herself on the spiky railings around Achilles – one of our Hyde Park Training Grounds, still outpaced me with CONSIDERABLE ease. Have to admit though without said running buddy, I would probably just have dived into a bush for a breather before returning back to base! Hopefully the physio don’t work their magic too quickly otherwise I will be trailing in her wake permanently.

Note the delicious view we had whilst crunching abs at 7.30am this morning:

  • I am in no danger of challenging Achilles for the best abs anytime soon if today’s shocking performance at resisting SUGAR is anything to go by  ................................................................……………………………………………………………… O.K. I confess I had two slices of a colleague’s Birthday chocolate and raspberry cake. Yesterday I managed admirably and not a gram of sugar (knowingly) passed my lips, but clearly I am unable to resist temptation or the PEER PRESSURE of certain wayward colleagues who coincidentally already have fabulous figures – NOT FAIR!?

However though I’m VERY cross I’ve fallen off the wagon sooo quickly, I am pleased that it wasn’t for a Kitkat or some other everyday confectionary but rather for the most amazing and, as I can personally verify, delicious, chocolate cake (there were raspberries baked into the chocolate sponge – see HEALTHY!!).

Mireille Guiliano – (sensible eating guru extraordinaire and most importantly CHAMPAGNE QUEEN -she was President of Veuve Clicquot and as such I trust her good judgment implicitly!!), would be V. proud. Her basic philosophy behind French Women Don’t Get Fat is to regard eating as a pleasurable activity and as such only to eat a little of the best quality and tastiest offerings available – if you’ve had better or tastier - why bother eating something that is mediocre? Mireille would probably not agree that two slices could be classed as a “little” but I have walked 22 miles in two days – I can’t possibly have offset the 2200 calories I’m supposed to have burned. Can I?

Additionally I should stipulate that we had no computer or telephone access in the office all morning so it was almost impossible to do anything other than chat and eat cake. If only all work was this much fun!

Perhaps I should leave my copy of FWDGF on my desk between me and the cake table to prevent future slipups otherwise I’m going to have to boycott all Birthdays between now and June 19th.

The Birthday Nazi x


No comments:

Post a Comment