Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ain't no mountain high enough

Guess what I got up to today...

In nervous anticipation and excitement
Assigned one of my own plus protective gear
Left hand break, Right hand gears
Too wide turning circle resulted in
Altercations with tree stump, tree roots, ditches and gravel pits
Stranded on mini humps, bogged down in swamp
Branches in spokes not a good combo
Dust in my teeth, wind in my hair
Blinded by overhanging branches and scratched by
Close encounters with holly bushes,
Smoky scent on the air but not from burning thighs
Longing for the silky smoothness of tarmac
Zoooooooommmmming past Bagshot Park
Too hot AND too cold and always behind the pack
Wishing I had taken a painkiller with lunch and now ready to hit the sack
Sun burnt ears glowing with jubilation at completing the course

Headed home with new found respect for Tour de France
To rest my butt on a squishy cushion
Until next time! x

No comments:

Post a Comment