Sunday, May 16, 2010

What to Wear?


London Moonwalk 2010 - kicking off last night in Hyde Park (Image courtesy of BBC)

With the London MoonWalk happening last night and with the Edinburgh MoonWalk and our own 26 mile walk extravaganza now just five weeks off – my female brain has naturally turned to what to wear?

As the event is in aid of Breast Cancer – we are encouraged to complete the walk in a decorated bra and clearly as it’s for breast cancer there will be much pink on display. Ordinarily I love, love, love PINK as you can probably judge by the colour theme of this blog alone – however I’ve never been a girl looking to blend in.

Case in Point: I am probably the only teenager who went to high school in a very large, neon orange puffer jacket – (I said I have never looked to blend into the crowd not that I have ANY fashion sense) – and yes I did look a sight particularly when teamed with my matching bright orange trousers or lime green mini skirt! Day Glo was all the rage at the time, though unfortuantely photos still exist to prove the extent of my fashion crimes!

Too, too funny - my mother bought this jacket with the notion that I would grow into it!!!

Just as my teen fashion sense is fairly memorable, I have been thinking up some equally memorable costume ideas for the upcoming MoonWalk – naturally The Hare will need an equally outlandish yet complimentary costume – I can’t leave her out after all!

(As yet, still to be discussed with the Hare - minor detail! As she can normally be convinced of most things with sufficient CHOCOLATE or BAILEYS!!) the potential costume themes are as follows:

1. Gladiatress (inspired by the Miley’s recent music video costume)


2. Female Superheros – thinking bra with cape attached would be a fab way to disguise my lumps and bumps AND provide a bit of warmth during the night’s ventures in Edinburgh and would allow me to continue the SUPERchick theme.

3. Hare and Tortoise – I’ve definitely drawn the short straw here as I defy anyone to look cute in a tortoise- themed costume, next to the Hare who has just the right assets to make a brilliant playboy-esque bunny.
The Hare would look great in this.

4. Glow in the Dark –a revisit to the Day Glo theme perhaps though would need to be flashing!!


5. The Coalition - Just like the recent UK election results I'm thinking a combination of all of the above.

At this point I am missing the invaluable input of a university flatmate who was and still is a fantastic costumier not to mention a whizz with a sewing machine. For those who cannot sew, without major blood loss, i.e. me, I'm convinced glue guns are the way forward - they make anything possible!

So decisions, decisions. Would love your input and in the spirit of the recent election, please VOTE - (top right of blog) and let me know which idea, if any, you like best. x

No comments:

Post a Comment