Friday, May 21, 2010

High Five

Next Stop: London Olympics 2012!?

I was high-fived today by a very tall, hunky stranger - just for being awesome!! Really it's Emma H.who is awesome - as she's running 5k tomorrow for Race for Life - GOOD LUCK EMMA - know she'll be brilliant as she's been running home from work complete with backpac and she makes it look so natural - so jealous.

Luckily it seems that sponsoring Emma has pushed me into the awesomeness category too according to the guy working the crowd, enjoying Friday beverages in the sunshine around St Paul's, to raise Cancer Research's profile.

All in all, a great day - cut 50 seconds off my PB 1km time this morning- WOOHOO (though I have a bit to go just to be able to eat the dust of SUPERsonic SUPERchick Jade who completed 1km in 3mins 50secs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

For completing BootCamp we were all awarded very cool medals - further proof of my emerging awesomeness.  My SUPERchick BOOTcamp medal has pride of place alongside my two other sporting triumphs:

EXHIBIT A:  Chocolate Medal for 2nd place in a intra-university club Trampolining Competition  in 2006.

EXHIBIT B: Woolies Plastic Medal for graduating The Edinburgh Running School's 6 week Learn to Run Course and running continuously for 30mins in 2008. Admittedly I was probably shuffling along but STILL totally bowled over by this sporting achievement as I never thought I would ever be able to keep going for that long in a GAZILLION years (and still have never managed to repeat such a feat). At the time I was living next to Arthur's Seat (an extinct volcano) so my thrice-weekly training ground was one hell of a hill - excruciating to go up but amazing to run down.

So high-five BOOTcampers, anyone undertaking Race for Life tomorrow and particularly the awesome SUPERtrainer Mel for encouraging us every step of the way over the last two weeks. x

No comments:

Post a Comment