Sunday, May 9, 2010

Review: Missha Perfect Cover BB cream +

Hello beauties!

It has been such a busy past few weeks. I feel oddly guilty that I haven't been able to keep up with a lot of my favorite blogs let alone maintain my own! :(

It's about time for a review! (first one in May!)

Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in no. 23! (the darker shade)

One of my co-workers was kind enough to supply me with a sample of what is apparently one of Korea's top BB creams!

---

This is what it claims to do (from amazon.com website)

Wrinkle care + UV PRoof(SPF 42 PA+++) + Moisturing + Make up base + Foundation

It provides excellently concealing any types of pigmentation or discoloration area on face including acne, couperose, vitiligo, age spots, sun spots and dark circles.

· For all skin type even for acne skin type
· It can be used as a makeup base or foundation.
· Containing substances for Soothing the skin (Na-complex)

MISSHA M BB Cream Contains natural ingredients that do not damage or irritate the skin. With Continuous use, your sensitive skin will be calm, protected from redness and keep its health.

---

My Sample
Missha perfect cover bb cream

Here is a closer pic of the product itself
Missha bb cream sample

This bb cream comes in 2 shades: no. 21 (light beige) and no. 23 (natural beige). No. 21 is for the lighter skin gals and apparently has yellow undertones. No. 23 is for darker skinned gals (and by dark, I mean a slight tan!) and has pinker undertones. Unfortunately, none of these truly 'fits' me as I have darker skin and yellow undertones.

Here is me sans bb cream (bare skin!!!) - don't be afraid! You can see there is some rudiness/redness in my cheeks. For reference, my skin is combination -- dry in the winter and oily in the Summer! :( I am also acne-prone though after taking much better care of my skin, breakouts are much less frequent.

BEFORE

Bare skin

*~*~*~*~*~*

AFTER (bathroom lighting)
Missha perfect cover bathroom lighting

AFTER (with flash)

**wearing my brand spankin' new sexy GSP snowflake necklace ;)**
Missha perfect cover flash

As you can see, my face looks okay in regular lighting...but with flash? Waaaaaay too light! *sigh* Since a lot of these BB creams are formulated for girls with fair, moon-kissed complexions, I have to really search to find my perfect bb cream if such a thing exists!

It covers decently, has a pleasant, non-irritating smell, and lasts ALL DAY without budging...but it felt kind of 'heavy' on the skin in my opinion. I dislike wearing liquid foundation so it might be more comfortable on girls that are used to wearing cream or liquid based makeup. (I prefer powder if possible) I don't mind wearing a sunscreen so maybe my perfect match would be something that wears more like a sunscreen than a foundation if that is even possible?

The worst part about this bb cream - a few days after wearing it (despite washing thoroughly aftewards) I broke out!!! Not just little tiny bumps - 2 horrible huge cystic pimples after a few months of being virtually pimple free!!! T_T

Overall


Pros
Affordable (sells for $11 for 30ml on Amazon.com)
Plenty of SPF 42+
Covers relatively well
Faint but pleasant smell
Claims to have anti-aging properties
Not drying and oil control
Lasts all day

Cons
Extremely limited colors
Feels heavy on the skin
Caused a break out after ONE use!


Rating: (2/5)

I would have given 3 hearts if it didn't break me out afterwards...kind of a deal breaker for me. :( This might work for fairer skinned ladies or people who are not acne-prone!

***

On a happier, non-pimply note, I was able to feed my innards something happy this weekend (and I like to think, healthy too) at my favorite local Yogurtland!

Pinkberry wannabes have spread all over the US, thank goodness! Only 30 cents an ounce at this location!

Yogurtland

The best type of places are self-serve and weight based so you can DIY your perfect froyo!

Yogurtland fun

I'm apparently not very good at squeezing out the yogurt into the bowls...My bf laughed at me :(

Yogurtland bowl 2

It didn't matter though, every bite was so delicious!!!
In this bowl: Yogurt - Taro/green tea mix, fresh strawberry, tart Lychee, peach & mango.
Toppings -I MOCHI, so tons of it plus pineapple & gummi bears

Yogurtland bowl

Plus they care about the environment! ^_^

Yogurtland spoons

***

Hello to new lovelies Hardcore makeup junkie, Colourful world, StarryXuan, Dana, Lovesweetcrystal, Suzie, Xagnes, Kaitlyn, & natalka!

***

Next up: Review of Coastal Scents 88 makeup palette, lashes, & Glam Sparkle Pop!!!

Good night, hope you all had a fantastic weekend
& Happy Mother's Day to all the sexy mamas out there ;)!



No comments:

Post a Comment