Monday, May 31, 2010

Bank Holiday Delights

THANKS SO MUCH to everyone who has so generously donated - your golden halos are in the post!!
I'm nearly halfway to my £500 target for Breast Cancer Charities - so if you haven't already - please do take a moment and click the link on the right - just £5 will make all the difference.  xx
-------------------------------------------------------------
In order to make the most of the Bank Holiday - I decided to fill it with activities - one of which was Mountain Biking at the Lookout in Bracknell on Sunday.  Though I love cycling on smooth tarmac - preferably on a foxy two wheeled delight like so:

Admittedly, I am rather pants at Mountain Biking, so much so I'm reserved special looks from the guide just to ensure that I am in my customary position 1 mile behind the pack.

All was going well, too well in hindsight, as I has successfully avoided the array of hazards that normally trip me up. I had conquered all manner of rocks, tree roots, tree stumps, gravel pits, ditches, holly bushes and craters disguised as puddles over the 17 mile route when:


The devastation was unmistakable:


Once the dust had settled, it emerged that the lady who had rode into me and who I can only summise is EVEN MORE PANTS than me at Mountain Biking (as this was no single track but a three meter wide path at this point) was fine, so too was her bike which had been prevented from hitting the ground by jamming its spokes into my leg.

My leg however, even once the spokes had been removed was not so fine and looked as though it had been ravaged by:    

                         
Da-dum...SNACK TIME

However fearless warrior that I am - I allowed myself to be mopped up by the travelling first aiders - those on a mission should never go anywhere without such expertise handy - and a few seconds later ..... VOILA.

                                    
Good as new - well almost. The only tell tale sign that I came off the worst for my collision is a limp that would make any wooden legged pirate-in-training proud and the scent of l'eau de TCP.

Could be worse.  Not sure how training will go this week since I can barely walk but off to recover with leg raised above heart as instructed by a much more fearless warrior than I, who doesn't faint at the sight of blood.

In other words off to: 
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment