Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Call me Mr Flintstone, cos I will make your bed rock!


SuperTrainer Mel, cheering us up during Monday evening abs with her favourite cheesy song lyrics! (specimen in question from Young Money, I believe)

Busy couple of days – made it to both SuperChick Boot Camp sessions so far (though a close run thing this morning as my bed was temptingly snugly) – only 10 more BC sessions to go!

Personal bests were set yesterday. Hmm... and this is with four weeks robust training (though admittedly last week was a complete washout). Lots more work to do.


This morning’s boot camp session was killer cardio (my emphasis not SuperChicks) and involved running 2.5k – luckily broken into three segments but unluckily set at different required speeds. Very challenging considering my default speeds are either slow or SLOW. Buddying up with fellow Boot Camper for the last length made a massive difference – we both managed a very credible FAST run for the final 200 meters which we then decided to SPRINT finish!!!! Totally Amazing. Felt physically sick for the next five minutes and had to spend the ab session quelling the feeling of nausea. LOVELY.

Slightly less great news on the Learn to Run front - I got completely lost navigating around Victoria last night and so never made it to Sloane Square for the kick off of the inaugural SuperChick Learn to Run session. :-( Can’t decide if that means my running career is over before it even started! Luckily though, on my route home, I was passing through Hyde Park just as regular Monday night SuperChicks session started so I was persuaded to join in. Glad I did – felt so much happier post session and it definitely took my mind off job rejection blues.

This evening I’m feeling the effects of morning Boot Camp session, evening SuperChicks session and walking 12 miles to work and back TWO days in a row!! For the first time since the Mission commenced, the Blister Kit came out. :-(

Starting to realise that the meagre 6 weeks remaining until D-Day isn’t really sufficient time to get bikini fabulous - unless I want to spread the feeling of nausea to all those (un)fortunate to see me resplendant in a bikini. Nonetheless I am MASSIVELY determined to get as near as I possibly can to Bikini respectability – whilst simultaneously praying that Tankini’s are making a fashion comeback this year.

Babar goes to much needed Boot Camp!!

My present determination knows no bounds judging that I don’t even mind that my current diet consists of porridge, salad, natural yoghurt, fruit and more salad. Big change from last week’s food fest!! Though my unquestioning acceptance of this new regime may have more to do with being too busy running, walking and toning muscles to think too much about food at the present. Though don't really mind, if I'm honest, as all my versions of salads are tres yummy – partially inspired by the Boot Camp Nutrition Plan – partially because I can't bare the thought of sucking on limp lettuce leaves.

Check back later this week for my top three salad recipes. Better still share your salad ideas with me. x

No comments:

Post a Comment