Friday, May 7, 2010

Girl goes AWOL


Hmm.  A Bank Holiday weekend followed by three days in Birmingham complete with the temptation of cooked breakfasts and three course dinners, no SuperChicks sessions since last Friday, certainly no walking (no need since the overnight accommodation, classroom and restaurant were less than 200 yrds apart) and interview stress and it seems I've gone completely off the rails as the scales can testify. DISASTER.


Was it even worth it? Not if my interviewers' comments are anything to go, which included reference to my "certainly different presentation." But given that the presentation in question was effectively projected onto a poster of a world map or some floral arrangement (too in the zone at the time to recall which now). The poster it appears was the only available patch of wall without filing cabinets or shelves and as I persisted to speak at a supersonic speed for some strange reason - this deduction was hardly surprising. On the plus side, I noted that the guy going in after me certainly didn't have as racy a jacket on - so chances are the panel will remember me, even if it is for all the wrong reasons.

LESSON OF THE WEEK - Try, Try, Try again. Or in my case just T.R.Y.

Hopefully SuperChick Boot Camp and Learn to Run, both starting on Monday should help to repair the damage (to my body NOT my career/pride).  Career progression, it seems, will require an act of God.

Boot Camp vs Learn to Run - what's going to hurt most? Hmm. x

No comments:

Post a Comment