Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Stepping Success

I am writing this lying on my bedroom carpet floor, in the manner of my teenage self. It's the best way of snuggling up to the radiator and keeping warm - today's shock exertions has clearly put my body into shock!!

(As a teen, I spent my life lying belly down on my bedroom carpet either reading or listening to my 'Sony Walkman' - God that reference makes me PREHISTORIC!!)

Anywho - today has been a success:
  • Run:  BIG TICK - In the end I jogged 5km with Sunday Runners: AJ and Kaye (Kaye's Paris Half Marathon is now just a week away so Kaye is in FINE form!!) Then I walked the remaining 5km solo, whilst Kaye legged it - quite right too!! But not bad for my first run in two weeks.
We actually reversed the route - MORE DOWNHILLS!!

Yup - I'm still a jog/walker though some of the dips are traffic light stops - pinky swear!!

Proof I walked the second 5km in 42 mins
  • Steps: Achieved just under 30,000 steps in total today!!!!!!!
Today's steps - hour by hour
    February Fitbug Step Tracker
    Key: Pink = Aerobic and Total Step Targets met
    Grey = Targets not met
    Blue = Aerobic Target met only
    Black Line = Daily Total Step Target required to complete the Virtual Wall of China
     Blue Line = Daily Aerobic Step Target (i.e. staying active for over 10 mins at a time)
    As you can see, I made a big upswing in my walking efforts today - that and I didn't have time to go home between Sunday Run Club and meeting friends for lunch in South Kensington, so I just kept on walking and walking. Hopefully this signals the return of 'The Walking Machine'. 

    All that walking proved to be more than worth it - my gnocci was particularly gnice (the convo was also very gnice girlies - THANK YOU)!! Plus I must have burned off that yummy lunch, just check out the calories I've burnt over the last few weeks (according to FitBug). Today is my best day yet: 1760 kcals ANNIHILATED - just as well - see below!!

    February Fitbug Kcal Tracker


    • Chocolate consumption: One Hummingbird Cupcake. In truth Lola's Cupcakes are better.      
    N.B. I haven't eaten a Lola Cupcake in about 6 months - WOOOOOOOOOOOOP I do possess a smidgeon of self-control!! Plus this morning's very instructional lecture from AJ on the correct Cream Egg/ chocolate consumption is still in the forefront of my mind!! I daren't disobey AJ - for a week at least!! xx

    Must go - typing whilst lying on the floor is giving me pins and needles and a stiff neck - my teen self was evidently more supple than my current frame!! xx

    No comments:

    Post a Comment