Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sluggish

My Fitbug CANNOT be fooled - it has sent me this message twice over the last few days:


Somehow it knows that I have lost my focus - for the last year I have been a WALKING MACHINE but lately walking to the end of the road seems too much effort. I must up the ante on the walking front and complete my Virtual Wall of China Walking Challenge (right now I've yet to leave the starting blocks). I miss having SUPERchick training sessions to keep me on training form 5/6 + times a week.

Less Training = Massive Energy Slump.
Massive Energy slump = I cannot even be bothered to walk to the end of the road.

A fact even cursory acquaintances have noticed: I was surprised to be stopped by one such kindly-intentioned acquaintance on Friday evening who questioned why I wasn't walking home. Eeek if my apathy is that obvious - I seriously need to do something.

Plus the massive downside to not walking/ training for my customary 15 hours + each week is that I basically spend all this free time working only my stomach muscle and then only with the the inexcusable death-by-chocolate routine.

In my worst slump ever - I somehow inhaled (mumbled, eyes cast to the floor in shame) 6 (honestly 6) Cream Eggs last night (and it was far too easy) before I remembered my all too likely fate if these poor eating choices continue:


Such is the fear of free-falling and the current tightness of my size 12 waistband, I haven't done a chocolate run today. I WAS in my pyjamas by 8.30pm tonight to ensure I didn't get tempted, but desperate times call for desperate measures - that and I need to get an early night in preparation for tomorrow's 9am 10km run. 

I have a suspicion that death by cream egg splatterage might be preferable to tomorrow's death by running-induced-suffocation, if my assessment of my rubbish current fitness levels is accurate - eeek - but even if it takes me 100 minutes +, I will complete the 10km route, come what may and my Nike Sportsband will prove it!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment