Thursday, February 24, 2011

Armagedd-it-on

I’m so happy to see the sun shining today: 17 degrees baby. Bikini weather is acoming and with it my bikinilicious motivation is returning with avengeance. Porridge for brekkie, salad for lunch and a banana and an apple for snacks (ok so a packet of mini eggs did sneak in as well). But progress is progress.

Plus it’s my first training session tonight since knee issues and Sunday’s Armageddon 5 hour training session, headed up by Richard Callender of Biggest Loser Training fame.

I did mean to give you a lowdown on Armageddon earlier in the week and even wrote a review but realised that I was WAY more interested in speculating on who wins Biggest Loser next week, (some of the Biggest Loser contestants who were also at Sunday’s Armageddon), than talking about my complete lack of finesse at Armageddon.

Lucinda and Luc's BF fighting over their future husband

But it was exercise and I was fortunate enough to be gifted a ticket by Hannah (THANK YOU), so to Armagged-it-over with here’s a very brief rundown of Armageddon: The Fourth Chapter:

1. Armageddon Circuit – AWESOME if a little cramp for space – having someone squat on your head whilst you are planking is not an experience I wish to repeat. But picked up some new training moves so VERY HAPPY Bunny.

2. Zumba – Had no idea what to expect but the neon-tastic troop made zumbaaing surprisingly manageable even if you can’t dance – a fun version of classic aerobics. If it doubt, shake something baby.

3. Boxing – Fun but signalled the beginning of the “let’s learn one 90 second routine and then repeat it for the next 50 mins” syndrome. Also the scene of oops I accidentally kicked Zandela. Quick shuffle left.

4. Body Fit to Michael Jackson Tunes – Great Instructor and combining western and cheesy gansta moves to Micky J – HILARIOUS. Plus the longest squat hold I’ve ever experienced.

Where's Wally?? - Proof I was there even if I was pulling a face!!

5. Urban Funk - I have no dance coordination or cool factor so Urban Funk became more Funky Chicken. Richard may be easy on the eyes but honestly it was my least favourite session and the session where “let’s learn one 90 second routine and then repeat it for the next 50 mins” syndrome REALLY started to get on my nerves. Burnt about -2 kcals just shuffling back and forward trying not to get picked on by Richard for my inability to dance OR to look remotely cool. Hiding at the back behind a well built type has some benefits ;-))

6. Ab Session – Have to admit I departed before this – my enthusiasm had completely dissipated – Urban Funk had put me in a Funk and my uber low boredom threshold had kicked in big time. So off I went to relinquish my fun Sunday afternoon.

5/6 Participation, 4/6 Effort, 4/6 Enjoyment

As much as I loathe running, I get so much more enjoyment and a greater sense of personal achievement from races than I ever will from a marathon aerobics session, regardless of how it is packaged. Sorry xx

p.s. I reckon Wil will win Biggest Loser – he definitely looked like he’d lost A LOT more weight and in my opinion Claire deserves to win runner up – she’s works out, at crazy PT levels of effort – INSANE! Though I suspect that Rob (who wasn’t at Armageddon) will be looking supersvelte – he has been uberfocused all through the series so must surely have the best outsider chance of winning runner up. Only a few more days to wait – eeek! I LOVE weight-loss reveals like other ladies LOVE George Clooney.

No comments:

Post a Comment