Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quelling the Inner Sugar Demon

I am still battling my Inner Sugar Demon like crazy - BUT there has been a little progress. For one, I WANT to get myself back on track - I have written myself a list of all the problems and issues currently causing me stress/worry and I am proactively taking each one in turn and dealing with it as best I can. This is massive progress from burying my head in the sand of the last fortnight. Secondly, I am consciously trying to rein my greediness/ sugar weakness in and not allow sugar to be my personal emotional crutch.

Although the sugar war is by no means over - I must have snaffled about 8 M&S chocolate Birthday bites from the cake table today and tonight, whilst I couldn't persuade myself NOT to do a post dinner trip to Tesco and I came home with the following goodies:


I served myself only a single portion and put the rest away in the freezer for another day. Even this rudimentary level of control has been completely lacking of late. A few days ago, an entire tub of ice cream and a packet of giant buttons would have been inhaled without a moment's thought. So happily eating just a single portion is a BIG step. But best of all, my "treat" didn't taste even remotely amazing.


Next time I get this particular craving - hopefully I'll remember that. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment