Friday, March 26, 2010

Taunted by benches



Although I was awake crazy early this morning and my feet were still sore after my trek home from work last night (which is a very new but not entirely welcome sensation) - I got up and went to Circuits - 7am in Hyde Park and excitingly on the dot, a troop of horses, two by two, enter the ark oops I mean park, just as amazing trainer and I go to do battle. Workout centres around bench, weights, band and SKIPPING - which I personally love if I could just stop falling over the damn rope -and if four minutes didn't go oooooooooonnnnnnnn forever. Have to confess that towards the end even just holding the skipping rope was proving too much for me - but occassionally you have to pretend that you have the strength of Mighty Mouse -otherwise I fear that SuperTrainer would walk off in disgust at my feebleness.

Having in effect a personal trainer (completely by accident I must add - these are supposed to be group classes!) is a rather unique experience - you feel quite special until you realise you are entering a special kind of hell (and I firmly believe SuperTrainers Mel and Sarah are being superkind compared to normal) - even my bingo wings are starting to take flight from the agony. Praying fellow SuperChicks come and save me from myself soon as haven't quite achieved a level of fitness yet where I can get sufficient oxygen to my brain and muscles and be witty and delightful simultaneously. When I departed today, I realised that I had drool over my face - lovely - must have passed out during the session as don't recall slobbering.

Aimed to walk home again today but running on empty and literally wanted to lay down and rest on every single bench I passed (which in St James' Park is about every 50cm). So I only managed to hobble as far as the scene of my morning's torture, before praying for a bus to come a rescue me. Walking looks deceptively easy but yet is proving tricky to master over long distances - no sniggering - 3 miles is like a marathon for me.

However after dinner, an undisclosed number of mini-magnums and some pringles, I'm feeling much more chipper and ready to enter the fray again. Clearly I'm still working out the kinks to my new regiment. x

No comments:

Post a Comment