Thursday, March 11, 2010

Houston Rodeo and Japanese dollar store bling

Caution: Just viewing pictures from post may cause your arteries to spontaneously combust. Ugh. :( I promised myself this is the last food 'splurge' for a very very long time. Seriously bad for me.

**SUPER Pic heavy**

The Houston Rodeo is a yearly event with big headlining country, non-country, and teen sensation type musical acts (Black Eyed Peas, Lady Antebellum, The Jonas Bros, Mary J. Blige, etc.), a carnival, crazy amounts of artery-clogging food, and of course, real-life Rodeo events (horse/pig/cattle show & auction, roping, bull riding, barrel-racing, mutton-busting etc.)

Houston Rodeoscape

Texas Rodeo Skillet

Houston rodeo

We got down to business immediately! FOOD!!!

Here is a list of the sampled goods:
  • Deep fried OREOS
  • Deep fried Cookie dough
  • Deep fried Tiramisu
  • Deep fried Moon Pie
  • Chicken fried bacon (you heard that right!)
  • Alligator on a stick (tasted like chicken)
  • Deep fried frog legs (tasted like chicken)
  • Deep fried bloomin' onion
  • Sausage on a stick
  • Funnel cake
  • Turkey leg
  • Roasted corn with butter & cayenne pepper
Chicken Fried Bacon
Chicken fried bacon

A selection of fried goodies
Fried foods

Fried Oreos
Fried oreos

My thoughts exactly

Funnel cake

***

I guess it is what you would call a semi-risky experience? (at least to me, this is what qualifies as 'risky') I'll probably never do this again though. Made me all types of sick afterwards. :(

***

The petting zoo was kind of lame compared to last year. I have a strange fascination with petting zoos, probably because I never was allowed to have a pet as a child. As my sister described it, all my pictures are of me 'excitedly petting seemingly indifferent animals' LOL! Truth. These are last year's pics just b/c it was so crazy crowded and I didn't want to wait in line this year.

Petting zoo

This goat was interested in the leaf-shaped tassles on my purse

Goat attack

This chick looked like she had some major eyelashes going on
Eyelash chick

***

My favorite part of the Rodeo was not the food, but the ambiance - all the bright, cheerful colors and pretty lights (please ignore my dorkiness :P)

Ukulele

Rodeo games

My BF thinks that these stuffed carnival toys are impregnated with bug eggs
Kitty toys

Colorful condiments

Colorful lights

Funnel cake love

***

Finally, there is a relatively new store in the Bellaire area of Houston that stocks tons of cute Japanese products for reasonable prices! (It's called FIT - they have an online store too with products ranging from $2-$10 (soooo many cute Bento boxes!), discount code 5555 for 5% off your order! ^_^)

I picked up a few things to bling out my gear:

I Stitch!!!

Stitch bling

Very Spring-ish ~ Flowers & hearts
Hearts and flowers

***

XoXo to Carmen, My-My (she's super artistic!), samebrightsky, Kimmi, KayCee, lanenatraviesa2, pdlauj, Shelly-Ann, and Charlotte!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment