Thursday, March 25, 2010

I ♥ Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick +

This is a followup to my initial review on Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick in Sugar Plum Ice HERE.


*~REVIEW~*

Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick

Lipstick flash

No flash

No flash

I purchased these during the BOGO sale at Walgreens!

My collection now consists of: Sugar Plum Ice, Born with it, Windsor Rose, Sweet Ginger, & Peach Colada

Here are the swatches

Maybelline Moisture Extreme swatches

**And on the lips**

***
From my previous post, Sugar Plum Ice - shimmery, baby pink.

Maybelline Moisture Extreme A12 on

***

Born with it - Like its namesake, a very natural, subtle, sheer pinky color. YLBB

Born with it

***

Windsor Rose - a bright, cool-toned punchy pink. I didn't think I could pull off cooler toned pinks, but it actually looks really gorgeous & dolly on!

Windsor Rose

***

Sweet ginger - I like this color A LOT - a great color for the Fall or matched with an earth-toned outfit. I actually might still have a trace of Peach Colada on my lips (thus the kind of coral-y shimmer in the flash pic) Mmm...reminds me of chai tea for some reason.

Sweet Ginger

***

Peach Colada - This one looked super promising and bright in the tube! Maybe it was the base I was using or maybe it just isn't that pigmented... :/ Either way, it just did NOT want to stick to my lips. Even after swiping it a few times, still no dice. It's still a pretty subtle shade in the 'coral' family. I'd still use it on a nice Summer day! :)

Peach Colada

***

Ok. Feeling lazy, will swatch Peach Colada later. (Maybe in the Summer when I'll actually sport it!) ***UPDATED - added swatch above 3/28*** Nude blush was all sold out, but I'll be on the hunt for it next time I'm stalking the makeup aisle during sale time! Strange observation: I noticed they sell a wider range of colors at the drugstores over Target.

Pros: Super affordable, very moisturizing, SPF15, gorgeous colors, tastes yummy
Cons: Not very long wearing


I am completely taken by this line! It's no wonder other bloggettes have raved about these too - there is a reason! If you're a n00b at lipstick like I am, you'll appreciate the fact that again, these lipsticks don't feel like lipstick on the lips. As previously mentioned, I hate anything but Aquaphor sitting on my lips, so it's pretty amazing that I actually enjoy wearing these lipsticks!

Rating: (5/5)

***

Chronic dry-lippers REJOICE!!!

***

Although I have received this award previously, I would like to thank Sharlene for all her crazy thoughtfulness in bestowing the sunshine award on me again! :) Recently, I have needed more sunshine in my life, and it really made me feel all types of awesome inside.

In turn, I want to give this to everybody since you guys have also brought sunshine into my life too!


***
Thanks for the blog love Rachel, Chamorrita & pwincessanna

Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment