Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Angelina Jolie inspired LOTD and Peking Duck

Yesterday was a day of makeup experimentation. I always wear the same makeup to work so since this was my day off, I thought I would have a little fun for once!

*Inspiration*


So I don't think in the faintest that I look anything like Angelina Jolie, but I DO love her sexy cat eye, contoured & defined cheekbones, and of course, full, luscious lips! Also, I think she has one of the biggest hearts in Hollywood for those in need. Her philanthropic outreach is really impressive!

Cat eye = Shameless Shana from TheBalm on lids, Revlon colorstay eyeliner, NYC Eyebrow pencil. I really need to start blending my falsies with mascara...Darkness Kma6s (falsies) and my brows need a trim :P I should've used extra accents at the edges for a more 'flared' look. I probably will next try!

Cat eye

Contoured cheekbones with MAC Harmony

Angelina makeup

The color came out a bit whacky and I couldn't adjust it quite right... :( So excuse the crab-leg colored glow

Angelina makeup 2

More natural lighting...still rocking the Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick in Sugar Plum Ice.

FOTD

Okay done with camewhoring. :)

***

Today was actually kind of a big day too - my boyfriend was meeting with my parents again for the first time in over 6 months. The two of us have been through enormous challenges over the past year. My parents have had a hard time accepting the fact that Darren and I are seriously together - it is mainly a mixture of race and family socioeconomic background differences. For the longest time, I was torn between feelings of guilt, obligation, and of course, love.

After today, I literally breathed a HUGE sigh of relief - I am really proud that my parents have decided to come around on him. I know parents want the very best for their children - as children age, they begin to realize what they want doesn't always coincide with their parents' ideal future, thus the situation I found myself in with Darren. When I fell in love, I guess I wasn't really thinking of the things most parents would think of...perhaps it was selfish of me not to consider their wishes. I'm just happy that my parents are finally seeing him for who he is - a smart, hard-working, all around good guy that sincerely cares for me! (I really do feel like a princess sometimes...)

To celebrate, we feasted like Kings! Peking duck + spring onions & plum sauce

Peking duck

+

spring onions and plum sauce

Not pictured: Sea bass & King Oyster mushrooms, Sizzling beef and onions, Duck bone soup, Salted garlic chicken

***

The restaurant (Joy Luck BBQ) was located in a little mall with an Asian grocery store & gift shop. Seriously Hello Kitty Cutesy heaven!!! I also found THE CUTEST Totoro stuffed animal here:

Front! Wide eyed & curious
Totoro front

Back! Sleepy time!
Totoro back

***

LOVE for new loves Cocoabee & Harlem

***

3 more days until the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment