Monday, March 8, 2010

Review - Maybelline Moisture Extreme (Sugar plum Ice A12) and Another award!

I am going to preface this review with a fact. I am NOT a lipstick user. I rarely EVER use it because it feels uncomfortable to have stuff that isn't either aquaphor/chapstick/vaseline slathered atop my pucker. (am I weird?)

Also, I suffer from chronically dry lips. (insert Death Valley/Alligator picture) Yes, I probably need to drink more! But in the meantime, I have never worn lipstick before because of this issue. Ugh. Plus my lips are kind of weirdly shaped *embarrassed*

KoreanSushi piqued my interest in Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick when she posted about it being the only one she actually held onto after a mini-haul. It being BOGO (buy-one-get-one-50%-off) at Walgreens this week and at only about $5.50 a pop, I thought - why not? (2 for about $8 after tax)

Maybelline Moisture Extreme Sugar Plum Ice A12
It looks so pretty in the tube!

Maybelline moisture extreme A12 swatch
Swatched w/ flash!


Maybelline Moisture Extreme A12 on
On my fuzzy weird-shaped lips

**Description**
Active power of a lip balm provides deep moisturization for voluptuous lips drenched in color. Non-feathering and non-bleeding. SPF 15 protection. (bonus!)

I this lipstick!!!!!! I have never said that about ANY lipstick before. It doesn't feel like lipstick at all - more like a light, non-sticky, hydrating gloss. No weird smell/taste (it is actually quite pleasant and a little sweet) Definitely my new HG lipstick. I'm going to check out the other colors now before this sale is up!

3/9 Update - Still love this lipstick although it doesn't really last very long. Reapply often for best results!!! :)

***


Thank you to the HILARIOUS, spunky and gorgeous Jessica Mai for this award! :) I feel so spoiled this week!

7 random facts time!

1. I love to paint.

"Two Bulbs" or "Bulbous"
Acrylic on Canvas 9/08

2. I was born with two uvula (sounds kind of dirty but it's actually the little dangly things in the back of your throat lol) My bf affectionately calls me "TWOvula"!

3. I still want to move to Hawaii one day! :)

hawaii waikiki beach

4. I speak English, a little bit of Chinese, enough Spanish to have a decent conversation, and am learning some Japanese! I love languages - so interesting!

5. I am a sandwich child -- 3 other sisters! (2nd eldest!)

6. I love all types of music. My all time favorite band is RADIOHEAD -- my dream to see them in concert came true a few years ago!

Radiohead In Rainbows

7. I am a dreamer! I would like to believe that we all have something big to contribute to the world!

I tag:
Rachel
Khristine
LittoMokaa
Sohpia aka Kechiko
Jimin
Sharlene
KatieNgo

***

Hello to Diana & Happy1234 (sweet name lol)!

***

To end, I just had to post this picture of the sky today. It had just finished raining heavily and a short while before sunset, the clouds parted and graced the people of Dallas, Texas with this:

Stormy sky

*happy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment