Monday, March 29, 2010

Full Monty


Emporio Armani – I defy anyone not to get lost in that!

Knackered, snackered  - if only from too much of the above!

Instead yesterday I completed a 7 mile jaunt to Regent's Park and back, only to discover I have a dodgy left ankle. Oh Achilles!

Today I managed an hour of POWER WALKING - i.e. the recommended Moonwalk pace of 4 miles an hour, rather than my more typical meander of 2-3 miles an hour. This accomplishment was only because I was running super late for SuperChicks. Had to strip off on arrival just to cool down - no not that far, is it still MARCH afterall.

Survived another SuperChicks session in the rain - complete with elephant trunk, tennis balls and caesarean section chatter - proof I was there in mind, if not in body!

THEN I walked home from Hyde Park and to distract myself from weary legs and a desperate need the loo, I became so engrossed in murder (luckily audiobook only) and the sexy Armani advert – PHWOAR!! on passing buses that I walked TOO FAR, missed my turning and ended up lost in Brondesbury. Eventually realised my folly, retraced my steps, finally located my turning, trudged the final 1/2 mile uphill and made it to the bathroom with seconds to spare.

9 miles including 5 miles with a near to bursting bladder – beat that! x

p.s. One of my amazing friends is starring in an amproduction of the Full Monty in Bromley - I can't promise Armani calibre men - but if this has whetted your appetite let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment