Sunday, March 21, 2010

Girl on a Mission

The mission: At 26 years old, with no discernable athletic prowess, I have signed up to complete the 26 mile Edinburgh Moonwalk on 19th June 2010* in aid of breast cancer and to get in the best possible shape (so as not to scare the folk of Edinburgh whilst completing my marathon walk in my BRA - ARGH!!) - I am also aiming to lose 26 pounds.

There are many, many, many inspirational people who complete unbelievable and amazing feats of athletics, stamina and pure heroism; frankly I’m not one of those crazy cats. Right now however, my personal mission does feel totally unbelievable and quite frankly impossible– this blog is my attempt to make the journey over the next 13 weeks become a reality, to charter my progress and to ensure that I hold myself to account so that I really do get to Moonwalk over the finish line of the Moonwalk!!

The stakes: 3 parts Pride: 1 part Sibling Rivalry

The Moonwalk co-insides with my family’s first holiday in nearly a decade and when I told my lil’ sister (in every sense of the word) that I would be joining her in a bikini, she responded with delirious mirth. Now my sister is not unkind – but like a broken record stuck on repeat - has just heard this claim that I’m finally shifting my belly too, too TOO many times! However, this time I'm determined that in 13 weeks, on June 19th 2010, I will be wearing an ecstatic smile, a sparkly bra which will accentuate my newly honed, buff, (pre-meltdown) Britney-esque abs and posting a pic of this visual to aforementioned lil’ sis. Just you wait!!!

This time I cannot and will not let myself fail.

The plan: Currently sketchy but centres around the following (hopefully foolproof) equation:




Simple!! x

*Fingers crossed that my Moonwalk application gets accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment