Wednesday, March 31, 2010

As effective as a balloon tank

(Image courtesy of moonbrains)

That pretty much sums up how I feel about my workout today - got up and made it to morning circuits although I didn't manage to walk to class as I had to hop on the bus to shake off a persistent wierdo and my legs had already turned to ICE. Uphill sprints and triceps dips were "like moving in concrete" due to the freezing blasts of cold air as my fellow superchicker concurred.

Had they not been giving out tasters of glazed donuts as I passed through Waterloo Station I would probably have sobbed on arrival at work - however the very welcome sugar rush let me get my game face on. Just as well as today was one of the most important days of the year being the deadline for agreeing contracts.

Tried to walk home to make up for poor effort this morning however got as far as Pret at Marble Arch before I admitted defeat and went and got a toasted sandwich before heading for the bus.

The bubble has definately burst as the reality of just how far I have to go to complete my mission and doubt as to whether I can actually do this creeps in.

My commitment to give up my Oyster Card next month now seems rather a) rash and b) foolhardy as a) I've yet to make it all the way home after a day at the office or b) sprint fast enough to escape from future encounters with wierdos. x

No comments:

Post a Comment