Saturday, March 26, 2011

A March in support of THE March

Today was the much anticipated Soldier Challenge.  Guttingly I was in no state to join in - just climbing 2 flights of stairs gets me out of breath at the moment - so I was forced to bench myself and left the (immensely speedy) girlies to it. :'(( I can't wait to share their adventures and snaps of the day with you though - the titbits I've heard and seen sound and look IMMENSE. PT, Lucinda and Jade will be talking of nothing else for weeeeeeeeeks guaranteed!! I'm just hoping the organisers run the Soldier Challenge next year - my name shall be the first down!

Today London was also the venue of one of the biggest marches that I've ever witnessed; 500,000 people marching in protest of the public sector cuts to education, local government services and the NHS - the trade unions and their members were out in force.

So as a show of support to the girls in their soldier challenge endeavours, the many, many people marching for their beliefs, rights and jobs and to make up for the lost steps this week, I undertook a fairly epic walk of my own today - walking, maddeningly, is all I'm good for at the moment, even then I am completely knackered for it.

But I did walk for 6 hours solid and cover 27km, just under 40,000 steps:

My Rhino Route!!

Passing the Olympic Clock at the 7km point

Checking out the March

I was walking in the opposite direction to these guys - that was an experience in itself!

Getting back to the Tourist Trail - CHECK OUT today's FAB Spring weather!

Reminder: Missing out on Soldier Challenge - SOB, SOB.

Today's walk in summary - courtesy of FitBug

My feet and legs were killing from the 14km point onwards but I'm proud to say I kept on going despite getting uber lost and so walking the complete length of the Wandsworth Road - my detour must have added another 3km to my rhino route - the rhino got a tail.

But most of all I'm proud of everyone who was marching peacefully/ soldier challenging in London today, especially those disabled kids joining the march even despite their wheelchairs - heart melting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment