Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jelly Legs

Mel, Mel, Mel -will I never learn?!

OMG tonight's training session was:

  • AWESOME - love plyometric phussups/ pussups  - I'm so tired I can't spell or think how to spell - HELP

  • Nauseous Inducing - twirling jumps off a bench into a squat

  • Muscle Screaming - EVERYTHING - step up knee jumps, repeated long jumps, tuck jumps and those heel to butt jumps and simultaneous stretches thingamajigs

  • Total New Territory - tonight was my first all plyometric session - particularly loved the mini sprints with the four starting jumps and nice to see ice-skaters feeling more comfortable like never before - clearly I was cheating by this stage ;-))

  • The Scene of Massive Oxygen Deprivation Headache Onslaught - Pretty much everything - I am tres unfit and suffering with a pesky chest infection which I must shake off pronto as Soldier Challenge is in NINE days!!

  • The First Training Session since OCTOBER 2010 that my puffer vest came off!! - Woo Hoo Spring is finally here - that plus I was thinking moi minus vest would allow the paramedics to get to work with the defibrilator equipment quicker

  • Knee-tastic - finally my knees are back to normal no dry creaking or stiffness - even despite ALL the jumping we did - yay.

  • 60 of each - self explanatory


YET despite all the pain, suffering and near death experiences it was magic all at the same time.

A true Thursday Thrashing - THANK YOU Mel. Mel is simply in a trainer league of her own. She comes with a health warning ;-))

As you can probably tell it was my first training session in a week - I thought I'd be fine, well fine-ish, I so wasn't, but I'm starting to feel a little better now that I'm sitting down. Getting up again might be a problem though.

Walking four miles home on seriously jelly legs (yup I was THAT individual staggering around the pavement attempting to walk in a straight line) may just have completely done me in though - but the FitBug tells me it was worth it - highest daily total so far - 26,137 steps!!! I must be half way across China by now, surely.

Oooh, plus, plus, plus - I have successfully eaten NO chocolate, cake, biscuits, penguins, fudge, sweets, chocolate drinks - NO junk of any description all day today. According to my sticker wall chart, this is the first NO JUNK eating day I've had since 21st January 2011!!!!!!!

Off to inhale some sushi and collapse into bed all in less than 30 mins/ 30 seconds if I had my way!

If today's session doesn't obliterate chestus infectionus and find me waking up with rejuvenated lungs capable of merking 10km, then I'll be requesting more plyometric hell from Mel next week!! xx

A visual guide to plyometrics so you can share in the fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment