Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chocolate & Raspberries: One of Life's Perfect Combos

Right now I am snacking on these lovelies:


Although I am secretly dreaming of a slice of this lovely:


Feeling happy as I've scored a hat trick on the eating proper food front so far this week. There is not a sandwich or a Pret bought dinner in sight, par example:
  • Monday's Dinner: Stir fry turkey with mushrooms and yoghurt and a side of broccoli - Forgotton just how scrumptious this meal is and just how foolproof it is to make.

  • Tuesday's Dinner: Leftovers from monday night - still yummilicious

  • Tonight: Baked organic salmon and roasted veggies  - I would eat salmon - grilled, baked or the smoked stuff EVERYDAY  - I love it so much.

Even better news, the chocolate situation has been downgraded from:
Grade 4 - 'crazy eyes unless fed chocolate on demand, quantity undeterminable - symptoms include, irritability, an inability to think of anything but the next hit and seriously aching teeth' to a Grade 3 - 'once a day chocolate hit - though still a little too portion happy BUT at least conscious of the amount being consumed' situation. Really I'm just happy I'm starting to get a grip on the situation AT ALL!

I would go so far as to make the bold step of saying I'm going to try for a completely non-chocolate day tomorrow EXCEPT:
  1. It's waaaaaay too early in my recovery for that

  2. More colleagues are leaving tomorrow - sob, sob - but silver lining and all that, there is a high probability of cake and treats - maybe like the delectable creation above?! Any sugar consumption tomorrow will purely be done out of respect and sadness not greed.

  3. My exceptionally well placed desk and it's within arm's reach to the fabulous cake table/ office social hub ends tomorrow. Office shuffle commences Friday - shifting to an as yet undisclosed location and just like musical chairs there are apparently not enough desks for everyone following the reorganisation - another more innovative way of enforcing the recent management cuts ;-)

Long live my Cake Monitor's reign for one final glorious day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment