Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2 Minute 'going out' eye

Hello cuppycakes,
Thought I'd do another tutorial, they are quite time consuming to do which is why you haven't seen a bunch of them already - but I do really like the outcome and I think they make a nice addition to my blog :) Today I thought I'd do my fail-safe going out eye I've been loving lately, which literally takes me 2 minutes! I think sometimes it's good to play around with different techniques rather than just the same old lid, crease and outer v shabang! So here it is...

Apply a mid brown tone eyeshadow all over your lid, applying it more roundly rather than natural lid shape. I used 17's Mardi Gras.

Blend out the harsh line and add the same colour onto the lower lashline, quite thick.

For the next bit you'll look a bit crazy, lol! Apply a gold stripe down the centre of your eyelid - in line with your pupils. I used Urban Decay's Half Baked.

Blend away the edges of the stripe, but be careful not to blend the gold away completely.

Add a small bit of gold in the middle of the lower lashline and blend.

Using a liquid liner, line the top lashline. Very thin to start with gradually getting thicker, again quite rounded - I used Collection 2000 fast stroke. Use a khol pencil and line the waterline - I used Benefit's Bad Gal.

Curl your lashes and apply mascara to the bottom and top. I used Rimmel's Volume Flash Max.

This should be the finishing look!













Cue posing!































































































Hope you enjoyed that/found it useful. I also got a comment on my last tutorial saying it would be nice to have a full face shot when I'm finished so I included one :) If you have any other criticism/ideas then please let me know. Especially if you'd like me to do a specific look that you've seen me wear in a previous face of the day.
natalieslovex

No comments:

Post a Comment