Thursday, November 11, 2010

TraineePaleo sans Kitchen = Recipe for Disaster

Stomach is growling too feriously to ignore it any longer so I stopped playing YouTube, donned the loincloth "my official hunter gatherer outfit" and go in search of sustinance. But wait the kitchen is out of bounds as the floor has just been relaid - noooo. {I live in a very sophisticated but rented CAVE}. Doesn't the landlord understand that this is my first day back on the PALEO wagon after a fun few days sampling all the missed snacks and edible treats and that I MUST have access to the fridge and stove at the very least or even just the fruitbowl.  Clearly the landlord does not understand this. So it seems I have three options:

1. Find a new landlord - one who doesn't decide to embark on a DIY frenzy the one week of the ENTIRE year I attempt to enjoy a STAYCATION. {Incidentially, Landlord has also laid sticky rat traps after a too close encounter I had with a mouse last week - the mouse was not too impressed with the PALEO fare I was whipping up for my pack lunch that morning and so after I'd screamed the place down, it decided to depart.  I tried to explain that cooking next to my neighbourly rat whose paws are stuck to a piece of sticky flypaper, whilst excellent for my diet regime, is nonetheless a bit cruel for the rat surely and that there must be a slightly more sophisticated trap option available, ideally one which doesn't require me to have front row spectator tickets to Death of Rat Act 1, 2 and 3? Again the Landlord wasn't quite getting my drift. Luckily I return to work next week so will be saved from any more insane conversations about rats, concrete or DIY as I am clearly out of my depth.}

I did sketch the mouse in the concrete though so I could properly ID it next time ;-))

2. Attempt to survive on a packet of nuts and a date bar till the concrete dries in like 4-6 hours - but I am really famished.

3. Wait one more day before jumping back on the PALEO bandwagon again and so trot off to a nearby cafe for more NON-PALEO sustinance.  If I'm going out of the cave into the howling gales, a salad is definitely not going to cut it.  Plus people get upset when I wear the loincloth in public so it seems I MUST go "civilian" for one more day! xx

p.s. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR CHALLENGE NUMBER THREE. Currently in first place is Adventure X, hotly followed by the Disney Half Marathon, then the Month of Running Love and SUPERcat's wildcard is in 4th place, but your vote could make all the difference. {No-one has voted for the Duathlon yet. Clearly my voters have excellent taste - or else they recall that the last time I went biking I ended up impaled onto the spokes. Not HOT!}

No comments:

Post a Comment