Friday, November 19, 2010

3rd Challenge confirmed – Point of NO Return!

Save yoursouls!!

I know that you have all been eagerly awaiting the news of what torture lies in store for me (and actually for you too as YES you will be joining in – Kaye, AJ AND all you others!!) Well I can now officially confirm that a decision has been reached {thanks SUPERofficial adjudicator}.

Girl on a Mission’s 3rd challenge will be: “A Month of Running Love”

A reminder of what’s involved:

1. Running 10km to work every day in February with my backpack that I reckon weighs 40,000 kilos!!! No excuses allowed for freezing ice/ snow/ wind/ cold/ rain/ hail/ dark/ uphill sections/ traffic etc – 10km non-stop run to be completed every day WITHOUT FAIL.

I should say that currently I’m on very light/ non-existent running duties as I have very wheezy lungs so this is going to be a MAMMOTH challenge as I am struggling even to walk the 10km distance to work at the moment (most probably from laziness – I should add).

2. Getting 19 people to join me in the 10km Valentines Run around Battersea Park on the 13th February – dressed as LOVEHEARTS. A challenge not for the faint at HEART!!

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!!!

As there was a tied voting decision between Month of Running Love and Adventure X – SUPERofficial adjudicator had confirmed that there WILL be an additional part to Girl on a Mission’s 3rd Challenge. However as training to run 10 km everyday for a month does not gel well with simultaneously learning to mountain bike proficiently on single tracks – Adventure X is being swapped for "Le Wildcard" {the 3rd runner up in the vote}!!!!

3. SUPERcat’s WILDCARD will prove to be equally adventurous, not to mention MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY taxing, I’m sure. Plus it has the added benefit of PIRATE costume potential! Any excuse to get dressed up!! Cue the WINTER TREASURE HUNT on the 27th February 2010. Sounds aaaaamazing so get it in your diaries NOW!!

Sssshiver me timbers – I’m off for a lie down in a dark room – I feel quite overcome by what’s in store!! Time to start betting whether I’ll make it to 1st March 2010 intact!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment