Tuesday, November 2, 2010

8k Champion

Just a really quick update to say that I completed a full 8km on Monday night, during the last session of SUPERchick's Learn to Run Course AND I didn't stop once (not even to turn my music on or during the uphill sections). 

So I ran 8km non-stop with no music (and I didn't even have AJ alongside to pace set since I was too far behind the main pack).

So solo, I ran 8km non-stop with no music (and I didn't have to revert to counting lamposts to get me round).

But wait that's not all - Solo, I ran 8km non-stop with no music and I didn't have to revert to counting lamposts to get me round (and even occassionally I remembered to pick up those vertigo-suffering heels of mine and to keep driving the arms).

Woooooooohooooooo. {I have to keep repeating this feat as I don't quite believe it}

It took me 56 mins in all to get round.  Not the fastest time by ANY means BUT I did it - when I absolutely wasn't convinced I still had it in me after three weeks of running laziness.

Bring on Saturday's Birthday 10km - hopefully my legs will have recovered by then!!! x

p.s. Day 16 and I'm still on the PALEO bandwagon.  That said the Birthday cake got ordered today and it's definitely NOT Paleo - CANNOT WAIT!! I'm so dreaming of cake tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment