Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vacation in Hawaii & Sweet Fall Scans

♥♥...Super SUPER pic heavy...♥♥

It has been awhile...again. I know what my New Year's Resolution is going to be! Better blogging habits, that's for sure. -_-

I took some time off from the world to reunite with my wonderful sisters on the beautiful island of Hawaii! For those of you who live in Hawaii - Ooooh how I envy you! Even the rain is beautiful there - and the sales tax rocks though I'm not so sure about the "Asian Pacific Pricing" on luxury items. So much for my dream Chanel purse...It must have been over $1000+ more than what it goes for on the Mainland!

We visited Oahu, stayed at the Hotel Renew, sampled the North Shore, swam, tanned, and ate ourselves up to our eyeballs in pineapple.

*A few select favorites from the trip*

***

My sister in the sand & Me

Location: Lanikai beach

***

Hotel Renew - the pumpkin adds a seasonal touch

Location: Waikiki beach, Honolulu

***

Haleiwa Taro Festival - eating a sample of Taro the size of a ping-pong ball. Some of the best finds in Hawaii are things you stumble upon along the way!

Location: Haleiwa, North Shore Farmer's Market

***

Pink pineapple - the South Americans are on to something! :D


Location: Dole Pinepaple Plantation

***
Giovanni's Shrimp truck - The most mouth watering shrimp scampi in the world!


Location: Giovanni's shrimp truck, North Shore

***
Getting ready to snorkel - I was using the snorkel incorrectly for the first 10 minutes! I forgot I had to bite down on the little bite piece inside of the mouthpiece thus
leading to massive salt water intake and gargling. X_x


Location: Shark's Cove, North Shore

Side story: While watching my 2 sisters go out after my turn, I heard a huge commotion and people screaming with excitement - I thought they had spotted something cool like an eel or a sea turtle...turns out the tide was coming in and tossing everybody in the water around like a washing machine! :P

***

The majestic green sea turtle, or "honu" basking in the sun!


Location: Laniakea beach, North Shore

***

Kotteri Ramen - the house specialty! Tasty & salty


Location: Tenkaippin Ramen, Honolulu

***

Arguably one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!

Location: Lanikai Beach

***

I lucked out and booked a flight for just a little over $400 - I guess travel during the low season is cheapest? I think the Fall is a lovely time to visit though with less crowds and the same gorgeous weather.

One of my biggest budget tips - FOOD TRUCKS! Omg, are they good here. If you love seafood, Giovanni's had some of the most delicious shrimp scampi around. The other food truck that receives a 5-heart rating is Opal Thai. Tasty thai food and just about the friendliest guy on the island. :)

Shopping

88 tees - super cute clothes and a big hit with Japanese tourists

Loco Boutique - for their crazy cute heart shaped floaties

(I got the small and large pink hearted shaped floatie though they also come in turqoise, white, etc. ALL with pink print!)

As seen here:

137


***
Lastly, I have been meaning to post these scans since August - I guess they still might be relevant as they showcase a few of the Fall fashion/makeup trends. :) More to come from a more recent time!

Still seeing a lot of florals & cute chunky jewelry!

001

034

035

039

041

049

055

086

087

090

091

093

095

097

098

099

153

154

155

156

157


***

Don't forget to enter the Misikko Hair Straightener Giveaway!!! I am extending the deadline to THIS SUNDAY 11-14-10 at midnight (central time)!

Winner will be announced the following week!

***

More blogging to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment