Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Back to baby steps and My First Paleo/Fitness Advent Calendar

I wish I had good news to report but URGH have totally regressed – fitness, nutrition and positivity wise.

In short:

Slippery pavements is making walking impossible (I have a massive fear of falling be it from falling over or freefalling all 66 meters of the Winter Wonderland Power Tower that I foolishly tried out last Thursday evening. Totally horrendous btw – I have never clenched my entire body so hard that I could feel my stomach retching – URGH. URGH. Everyone around me was relaxed and laughing and there was me clenching E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. and barely breathing)

Just had to share the experience!!!

Wheezy lungs is making running or ANYTHING high cardio impossible – so no exercise endorphins for me :-(( Plus my boss is convinced I have pneumonia and doesn’t fail to mention this on a daily basis. NEVER fails to make me feel on top of the world.

Two disastrous attempts at PALEO recipes this week has confirmed that I am a BEYOND rubbish cook and that PALEO is hard work/ expensive. How hard can a recipe that revolves around eg apple sauce be to get right?!

The freezing cold is making me crave carbs and chocolate and the comfort of indoors – hence the pasta I had for dinner tonight. I did attempt to make paleo squash spaghetti earlier this week to fend off the carb cravings but DON’T even get me started on that!!

Lack of sunlight, constantly freezing limbs and confirmation of job redundancy has made me lose my sense of humour – seemingly for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

URGH. URGH. URGH.

But conscious that I need to turn this frown upside down and at minimum uncover my festive cheer in time for Christmas NOT to mention save my healthy, happy lifestyle that I've worked soooo hard to establish AND since a chocolate advent calendar is out of bounds and Selfridges amazing beauty Advent Calendar is also out of bounds due to its £65 price tag (in light of URGH redundancy), I thought I’d create my very own Fitness/Paleo Advent Calendar: 25 days of mini-tasks to get me back on the road of fitness/nutrition designed to have me out sparkling the Christmas Fairy atop the tree!!


Day 1.

Starting off simple and in preparation for the new 24 days ahead - a good night’s sleep is the order of the day. Perfect for recharging mind, body and spirit. 9.30pm-6am should help get me back onto a more even keel and raring to go. Life seems easier and better on eight hours sleep. FACT!!

Nighty, night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment