Thursday, December 30, 2010

So Long, Farewell 2010

2010 has been a BRILLIANT year. I was reminded of just how brilliant 2010 has been when, during today's annual clearout, I came across my 2010 resolutions which I'd scribbled last NYE . Although the clear out is not yet complete (I'm up to 9 filled bin liners of paperwork waiting to be recycled) and my shoulders are aching like crazy and the place is STILL a COMPLETE tip, nonetheless I want to quickly recap my 2010 highlights and do a quick celebratory jig.

Girl on a Mission's Wall of Fitness!! Check out all those medals!!

  • I SOMEHOW found the motivation to do something about my weight/ fitness AND not give up immediately!

  • The Hare and I became Marathoners - power walking over the finish at 7hrs 30mins on 20th June!!!!

  • I completed 3 x 10km races - running at least half the distance non-stop (Boutique Run - 10th July, Old Deer Park 10km - 26th September, SUPERchicks' Richmond 10km - 6th November) 

  • I was part of a SUPERamazing team that undertook the 10km Commando Challenge on 10th October

The Hare created this brilliant Commando collage for me - which has pride of place on my wall!
  • I ran a 6km Santa Run non-stop with no training - still blown away by this feat on the 11th December

  • I completed 114 SUPERchick training sessions (not including 4 weeks of Bootcamp)

  • I've walked a grand total of 1091 miles - woohoo (but only wore my MBTs once -any size 5 MBT wanters out there?!)

  • I raised over £500 for various charities

  • I learnt HOW to RUN

  • I tried lots of new activities, I made some amazing friends, I got INSPIRED and I benefited from brilliantly unfaultering support - THANK YOU to everyone who's trained, moaned and raced with me, checked out my blog or cheered me on my way. YOU really made 2010 a special year for me.

  • I finally lost 2 stone - a task that's been on my yearly planner for about 4-5 years

The well used fitness tracker

After 12 months of fun, sweat, aches, breathlessness, giggles and some tears I AM SO MUCH HAPPIER. 2010 is a year I won't quickly forget in a hurry.

Truly, my reaction to this photo was a shocked "I'm pretty". Typically "Urgh" is my typical reaction to photos of me.  This change ONLY took a year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVELIEST AND MOST DARLING BLOG READERS. HOPE ALL YOUR WISHES FOR 2011 COME TRUE.  (My wish for 2011 has already been donated to SUPERlouise so I'm going to have to work extra hard to earn my stripes in 2011!!)  xx

p.s.  2011 is going to be even more fun and challenging than 2010. The best is yet to come!!
p.p.s. One of the surrealist moments of my year was my athletic little sister requesting a circuit training session from me this week. From me!!! Since I am no trainer we did end up getting totally distracted by the monkey bars and swings, but before we did, I managed to get my sis to complete one entire pressup!! See for yourselves:

An amazing feat of athletics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment