Wednesday, December 29, 2010

NYE

Hello beauties!
New Years Eve is rapidly approaching and what says NYE more than glitter??? I decided to do a look based around the notoriously glittery eyeshadow from Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy. I think everyone here on blogger has heard about Midnight Cowboy, if not owned it. It's a beautiful, beautiful shade that comes with a lot of fall out and Fix+ is definitely it's saviour!

Those of you who have read my blog for a while probably know that I don't do 'out there' make up, so this is pretty neutral. I wish I'd have bought falsies to go with this look because I think it would look gorgeous with them. But, I don't have any fake eyelashes and I'm actually a falsies virgin *mouth drop* Anyways, this is what I came up with, pretty simple but that bit of glitter that New Years Eve needs :)














All the eyeshadows I used are from the Urban Decay Alice palette.

- 'Drink Me Eat Me' all over the lid as a base
- Spray my brush with Fix+ and pat 'Midnight Cowboy' all over lid
- 'Chessur' on crease and blended
- 'Jabberwocky' on the outer creased and winged out slightly
- 'Jabberwocky' pushed into the lower and upper lashline
- Lined waterline with Benefit 'Bad Gal'
- Lashings of mascara and Voila!

Whenever I just post the eyeshadow look, people are always curious what the whole face shot looks like, so I thought I'd show you how I'd wear my face make up with this look too...




Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation
Elf High Definition powder
MAC Harmony as contour
MAC Well dressed as blush
Elf Golden Bronzer as highlight on cheek+brow bones

Avon lipstick in Pout
MUA lipgloss in Shade 1

I don't actually have any plans for NYE as of yet, I'm gutted I'm not 18 in time! What are your plans? Are you planning a big glitter-fest?
natalieslovex

No comments:

Post a Comment