Friday, October 22, 2010

Peanuts


I am not proud of this but in the spirit of full disclosure – I have to reveal my complete stupidity – something I’ve managed to keep under wraps with moderate success over the years although not for much longer….

On Wednesday, despite doing a mammoth food shopping at the weekend and purchasing three bags of spinach – I had run out of salad so in order to rescue the remaining week’s PALEO pack lunches – I went to purchase a suitable replacement.

After work/ before dinner – the munchies are rife anyway – coupled with the current PALEO accent – I am now STARVACIOUS. (Mostly I think the hunger pangs are psychological….. but more on this later) So there I was foraging the aisles of Tesco, in the manner of a CAGEgirl – hunched over, leaping from side to side, swinging my arms, looking for some salad AND a PALEO suitable pre-dinner snack.

My thought process is as follows:

FRUIT – out (already had an apple, grapes and an orange so I’m already WELL over my one a day PALEO limit)

VEGETABLES – noooo that’s Dinner,

SANDWICHES, CAKES, CHOCOLATE – all out – no point even looking for a gluten free, no sugar variety.

FLUID – Nooooo particularly not that bottle of chocolate MILK

PROTEIN – Cheese – definite N.O. and I just cannot face any more fish or meat on top of seemingly excessive daily rations

CRISPS – out, but wait an anachronistic minute on my digital watch - what’s that promising looking sparkly foil packet with those hallowed words *NEW* on it? Flavoured Peanuts – oooooooooohhhh nuts are allowed – BP rises with excitement, thus shutting off blood supply to brain – a quick check at the contents confirms that there’s only a miniscule, less than a speak of dust amount of gluten and sugar and I can easily leave that speck in the packet. WOOHOO PALEO snack time is finally SOLVED. Cue even more wildly swinging arms.

Get home and inhale packet of peanuts all 36.9g of the 37g packet – not amazingly yummy as actually I don’t really like peanuts but the salt and vinegar flavouring is AMAZING after three days of “au natural” tasting food. Dumdeedum – CAVEgirl is feeling suitable smug.

Then decide to google the one element of “PALEO” that is confusing me slightly – which is what exactly is a “legume”? As my mind wanders between a legume as either pulses or root vegetables, it’d be good to be ABSOLUTELY clear so I don’t make any mistakes having got this far without a slip up.

This is what I found….


PEANUTS…oh botheration x


p.s. On a good note, despite the peanut aberration on Day 3 – at Day 5 of PALEO – having been tipped off by my nearly-new exercise leggings constantly falling down whilst running, I took some quick measurements and - AMAZINGLY it appears I have lost 3lbs AND 3 cms of my waist – in 5 days {after 10 weeks of losing just 2lbs and 0 cms of my waist EVEN whilst exercising like a fiend}.

PALEO may be one CRAZY {?FADDY} DIET but it seems to GET RESULTS – Size 10 Birthday Dress HERE I COME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment