Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 2: "So you're living like a CAVEman?!"

This was the level of confusion PALEO was creating at tonight's pub quiz - so much fun BTW so thanks all for letting me gatecrash - I definitely recommend getting yourselves to the Black Dog in Vauxhall on a Tuesday Night.  Also I can personally testify that the cocktail sausages and water are TRES YUMMY (and judging by everyone else's happy smiles, the deserts, including CHOCOLATE PUDDING - {that's just EVIL Mr SUPERcat, although not even poor Cat could get a look in - that boy has a serious chocolate habit!!} was equally scrumptious)

Oh I miss chocolate........... SO, SO MUCH.... I can't even begin to explain. I'm not really coping with the notion of just being a CHOCOHOLIC VOYEUR for the next 28 day days so I think I'll need to avoid all chocolate pudding eaters for well basically the next 27 days, 23 hours, 59 mins and 59 seconds - just as well it's VERY early nights for me for the next 27 days!!

Umm so as you can guess, it appears that cocktail sausages and water are pretty much the only paleo/pub suitable option BUT  DAY TWO IS COMPLETE and I'm still on the wagon, even if it does have stone chiselled wheels.

Woohoo. Not a single gram of sugar, wheat, grains, dairy, caffeine or legumes has past my lips for 2 days. Personally I’m totally shocked I’ve somehow lasted this long as I. DON’T. DO. RESTRICTIVE. DIETING. EVER. COS. IT. WELL. SUCKS. (Please refer to chocolate pudding nightmare above :-(( )

I also can't comprehend how people say they’re not hungry on whichever new eating regime they’ve adopted – I have spent most of these past two days – FAM-ISHED. Sunday night I even went to bed salivating about the prospect of eating breakfast in 8 hours. That is just wrong!! {Once in bed, I realised that I was partlystill hungry because I’d forgotton to eat the salad that was meant to accompany my dinner of grilled salmon, walnuts and roasted asparagus spears – all very nice thank you.}

1st day of Paleo Plan was:
Breakfast - 2 x omelette muffins (see previous post for link to recipe)
Lunch - Spinach, tomato, bell pepper and chicken salad
Afternoon Snack - Apple and Walnuts
Dinner - Salmon (Sunday's leftovers) and Roasted Green Beans

In reality, 1st day of Paleo Plan actually went as follows:
Slept through my alarm, missed training and was VERY late for work BUT Mr Robb Wolfman would be so proud as I got 9 hours sleep!!
Breakie - 2 x omelette muffins
11.55am - sooooooo ravenous, I had to break out the afternoon snack - NEVER before has an APPLE tasted so sweet or been savoured so much, literally ate the whole thing - core and all.
Lunch - Salad and walnuts and for desert - the thought that its only 7 hours til DINNER! Commence checking out dinner recipes.
Dinner - Arrived home to the MOST SUBLIME scent of my flatmate's lasagne - to avoid devouring the fridge of all my Flatmates' NON-paleo food - I had a frozen banana to stave off hunger until the green beans were roasted.
Got distracted - Green beans rescued but mostly burnt but fortunately still mildly edible - salmon still yummy.  Had to take burnt taste away and as I was still fairly RAVENOUS, I committed a third fruit sin of the day and had an orange.

Seriously can this really be considered cheating??! This is eating PERFECTION in my book - a literal NEVER-EVENT!! Two gold stars for CAVEgirl I think.

DAY 2 (Tuesday) – I actually couldn’t stomach the thought of any more protein when I woke up, but in the spirit of social experimentation, I had a half portion of the grated apple, chicken and cinnamon hash that I prepared the previous evening (not all that dissimilar from my more typical apple and cinnamon porridge so not too bad). At 11.30am, I had three of the omelette muffins and at 3pm when I finally got out of a meeting I ate today’s salad lunch: beef pattie, spinach and tomatoes (It was pretty much as unpalatable as its sounds. I can only summise that cold beef mince{previously cooked in a little olive oil and NOTHING ELSE} has to be an acquired taste. I couldn’t even pretend it was a CAVEman’s version of a no bun burger). Dinner - 6 cocktail sausages and a pint of water to accompany fabuloso quiz.

Ooh a diploid from tonight's quiz, especially for any equally carbohydrate ravenous CAVEpeople out there (I got this easy peasy but then there's nothing like staring at other peoples' chips and bread, trying not to dribble, to focus the mind!!)  Answers on a postcard please. x

"The G P F b in 1845"

No comments:

Post a Comment