Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chocolate Week 2010

Aside from my Birthday and Christmas, this week in October has to be the best week of the year – even more so this year, as I've been so distracted by Commando Challenge, it has snuck up and surprised me with a (chocolate embossed - I wish!!) invite to........... the one, the only "Chocolate Week".


As the theme suggests – it’s all Chocolate tastings, Chocolate launches, Chocolate fun all the time (well for this one week at least). So entering into the spirit of the week and to ensure I make full use of my “get out of chocolate eating guilt week long pass” {which may well be my last chance to indulge for a few weeks if the rumblings of a Nutrition Mission come to fruition- eek} – here’s my foolproof guide to chocolate nirvana.

Monday: Chocolate Milkshake from the Gourmet Burger Co – yummy. No prizes for guessing what my milkshake accompaniment was. Also very yummy and the perfect pre-cinema treat. Monday was alllll about chilling after Sunday’s exploits.

Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Rice Cakes were the order of the day – extra "chocolate brownie" points as they were from the Local Health Shop. These are basically guilt free edibles since they are essentially dark chocolate covered air. Its all about balancing the calories – right?!

Wednesday: Today’s delight is still to be decided – unless I can restrain myself to the chocolate granola I had this morning for breakfast – me thinks probably NOT! What I really want is an Italian hot chocolate from the café across the road from my workplace. Their hot chocolates are thick enough to hold a spoon upright. Truly Scrumptious.

Thursday: I REALLY, REALLY want to experience my idea of H.E.A.V.E.N otherwise known as “CHOCOLATE & COCKTAIL EVENING at Le Meridien”

“A relaxed evening of Chocolate and Cocktail exploration at Le Meridien, Piccadilly, hosted by Chocolate Ecstasy Tours. Drink divine cocktails, see a cocktail making demonstration from Le Meridien’s chief mixologist, taste a selection of tempting chocolate truffles from the UK’s fantastic chocolatiers, expand your chocolate knowledge and leave with a Chocolate Ecstasy goody bag. There will also be live music and savoury tapas.”

Hmm – which one of my chocolate loving friends would be up for this/ can keep up with me and my chocolate loving ways without succumbing to a diabetic coma?? – Michaela?! – though as M's a die hard chocolate confectionary fan, it might be tricky to distract her long enough to get her to drink a chocolate cocktail?! Hmm.

If anyone reading this is free tomorrow evening and feels up for a mini-waistline and financial splurge – Tickets are £45 each. CALL ME IMMEDIATELY – otherwise I’ll be forced to attend Thursday night's Superchicks and cry chocolate tears instead.

Friday: Hmm – I have every confidence that the cake table fairies will magic up a chocolate treat to share the chocolate love throughout the office ;-)

Weekend: Well after my Running School Lesson on Saturday (have to keep some of those chocolate calories in check), I’m heading to the Chocolate Unwrapped Festival at Vinopolis to sign my name on the chocolate wall, get my chocolate personality read – I have many so it may take a while!!, maybe get a chocolate massage and well, CONSUME AN INDECENT AMOUNT OF CHOCOLATE.

Can 6 months hard work be undone in a single week?! – Check back to find out!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment