Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Very Own SUPERtrooper

Unfortunately our Commando Challenge dream team has hit a MAHOUSIVE snag – our AMAZING Sergeant Major, Luscious Lucinda came off slightly worse for the wear in her first ever Triathlon this weekend when mid-tri she broke her arm/ elbow in a biking collision. Nooooooooooooooooooo…

I wouldn't even have such a brilliant team joining me on CC, if it hadn't been for Lucinda's irrepressable enthusiasm in getting everyone to sign up - I am SO indebted to you LL, so much more than I can say. It kills me you won't be there up to your elbows in mud alongside us, psyching us on.

You’d never guess this snap was taken just a few moments post breakage.
With her characteristic humour, when taken to A+E, and asked by a hospital nurse what was wrong with her - with a bleeding elbow and her arm held to her body no less – Lucinda quipped "I've hurt my foot!" Classic Lu.

Before going to A+E, I should add that a broken arm didn’t stop Lucinda going on to complete the Triathlon, in an awe-inspiring 1hr 30mins no less. Most importantly she still beat her Dad! “Catch her!” UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING doesn’t even come close. She has definitely earnt her SUPERchick stripes a gazillion times over.

Daddy of our very own SUPERTrooper

I have it on good authority that Lucinda merked her papa by 7 mins despite a crash, a 5 min break and running with a broken elbow! “Lucinda epitomises the standard by which SuperChick excellence is measured” {I’m liking your buddy Ross and his ability to recognise a SuperChick at 50 paces!}

Now however, Lucinda is on rest and recovery duty for a few weeks and I know she is feeling G.U.T.T.E.D. at missing out on all the events that she was training so hard for, including Commando Challenge, among others.

Lucinda – however down you’re feeling at being benched temporarily, you should know that you’re leaving IMPOSSIBLY BIG shoes to fill and the SUPERchicks, particularly the Hyde Park crew, literally cannot wait to have you back: mended, rested and ready to “merk” everything in sight!

Until then we wanted to let you know that we’re ALL thinking of you and to ensure that you keep your "fighting fit spirit", the SUPERchicks have been hard at work compiling a tribute worthy of you – really Shakespeare has nothing on Mel and Jo!! Plus our own Cheer Captain Jade has been working on a Lucindastic cheer solo to be performed on your return ;~))

Just for you Lucinda, here’s what the SuperChicks wanted to say:

“Look, anyone who can watch The Matrix and then attempt to defy gravity a la Neo is an absolute diamond in my eyes! You are quite possibly one of the most motivated people I've ever come across - your drive and passion for "more cardio", "extra arms" and cries of "come on Jade - you can do full press ups!" both scares and inspires me in equal measures. Love, love, love it when I see you bounding over to a training session as I know I'll force myself to keep up with you as well as have a brilliant laugh. In a nutshell, Lucinda is a SUPERhard, SUPERfunny, ultimate SUPERchick. Miss you already and CC won't be the same without you, but I know we'll put in that extra effort to make you proud. WE'LL MERK IT! XJade

is for the laughs she brings to the SUPERchick classes. I’ve actually never seen her without a smile on her face. Yes even at 7am whilst exercising.



U is for unbelievable motivation she has herself and for the motivation she provides everyone within class.

C is for caps; Everytime I give her lateral raises she always beams and says '' I love this exercise it gives you beautiful caps on your arms.”

I is for inspirational. She makes others believe they can complete any task the trainer sets. She even manages to convince the morning crew that it’s a fantastic idea to run that extra 1K before I’ve even suggested it. This girl never ceases to amaze me she is an absolute Legend.

N is for never giving up. Who else would complete a triathlon after breaking their arm?

D is for determination. Always ready to complete every task thrown at her. I have never seen this girl give up.

A is for awesome. I truly believe she is. She’s always brilliant, always ready to do that little bit of a tougher option.

Lucinda truly rocks. Moreover she keeps me thinking of new ways to work everyone harder, I haven’t yet asked her to do an exercise that in her own words she hasn’t MERKED. Lucinda is a real driving force at Hardcore Hyde. I know I love seeing her beaming face at class and so do all the other girls. We will all be wishing her a speedy recovery, as we can’t wait for her to back in class. Spurring everyone on, and making us smile along the way xx SuperTrainer Mel

"The great thing about Lucinda is that she not only has enough motivation and self belief for herself but for those all around her too!! I’ve lost count of the number of times she’s told me that I can run a distance or complete a certain challenge with “no problem”! Lucinda is always encouraging and great at knowing what you want even before you do! There are times when I’ve eventually been persuaded to put my name down for something only to be told by Lucinda that “hmm, might have already signed you up for that!”

Lucinda is gutsy, determined and great fun – anyone who completes a triathlon with a broken arm, and still beats her Dad, truly is SUPER in my book! I know she will be sorely missed at the Commando Challenge but I plan on channelling my inner Lucinda to help get me through! Let’s make her proud and merk it!!" Vicky

...gosh, no idea what to add to this; The thing I'm most impressed about with Lucinda is her constant grin and complete eagerness to get stuck right into the most painful cardio activities. Before you say the word, she's off like a shot! Moans are just not in this girl's vocabulary. She's all go, go, go, brightness and cheer... a whirlwind of energy on the bleariest of mornings. She also has the craziest workout fashions down pat (spacey, bobbly soled trainers; weirdass harnesses on her back; shiny beaconous purple & yellow jacket? Love them all!). Pui-Tien

Just to prove you can say it all in just 20 words: Give us an


L..Legendary

U..Unstoppable

C..Courageous

I..Invincible

N..Notorious

D..Determined

A..Adventurous



T..Tenacious

H..Hilarious

E..Effervescent



S..Smiley

U..Unbeatable

P..Positive

E..Energetic

R..Radiant

C..Crazy

H..Hungover

I..Irrepressible

C..Carrot-topped

              K..Kickass!            Jo

Finally two sentiments that if you weren't convinced yet of your awesomeness, Lucinda, you now will be:

“Lucy Lu - hope you are feeling better soon, but enjoy the stoned feeling from the pain killers - might even make work fun! In the meantime milk the sympathy..... I will from this day on carry your tea and water and open the doors on the drinks run!” Caitriona

“Lucinda really is the heart of SuperChicks... I know if she's there then I'll be doing an extra 1K run or an extra set of push ups...she's the BEST pre-wedding motivator! She is 'Miss Motivator.'” Trish

We love you muchos so feel better soon and hurry up and get mended, pleeeeease, until then give us an "L"... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment