Friday, February 19, 2010

Review: Hard Candy Kaleyedescope Baked mineral eye shadow duos

I love browsing waaaay too much. This includes Target, Wal*Mart, The grocery store, drugstores, wherever! It gets me in trouble sometimes ;_;

Exhibit A: Purchasing not just one, but TWO Hard Candy "KalEYEdescope" Baked mineral eyeshadow duos in Rock n roll (light lavender/plum) & High Maintenance (champagne/pastel mink brown)

Hard candy Kaleyedescope

:"Popped open":

Hard Candy Kaleyedescope open

Here are some swatches:

Without flash:

Hard Candy Kaleyedescope swatches no flash

*With flash*

Hard Candy Kaleyedescope swatches


I couldn't get these sparkly shadows to show up on me! I had to use primer (MAC paints in "Untitled") in order to get the swatches to stick. :( Am I using the wrong brushes? Maybe I need to try them "wet" as suggested by glowing reviews on makeupalley.com ...

Alas, I tried them today without primer and they were soft and glow-y without being too glittery. I think the "High Maintenance" makes for a pretty yet subtle work appropriate shadow. I didn't take pictures on my eyes today, but might update later when I get my paws on some nicer tools. :)

Overall, I wasn't blown away by these shadows. I am not clamoring to try out the other colors nor am I impressed enough to repurchase. One good thing is there is A TON of product, so you will probably never run out haha. I'm actually debating whether to bring these back to Wal*Mart! (They have the best return policy in the world!) Maybe I can save up to buy some Dior palettes/MAC/Coastal Scents which might have better staying power/color payoff. These are definitely fun and a good diversion...maybe I'll hold onto them. At the very least, I'll have them for awhile longer so I can give them a second try.

***

Today was my last day working at one of my favorite stores -- it's so hard to leave a good staff, especially after you have been there for over 2 months and you get to know all the employees well! They surprised me today with some Bright almost fake-looking Flowers (but they were real!!!), Cookie cake & a Card signed by everybody! Aaaaaah...makes me even more sad.

Gifts

Pink flower

***
Still, you guys brighten my day! Thanks for the love from Irene (another Irene!!! So rare nowadays...) & Serena (who has some AWESOME reviews on her blog!!!)

Align Center

No comments:

Post a Comment