Monday, September 5, 2011

1hr49mins!!!

This is the closest I'll ever get to a Boston Qualifier - teeheehee.
This lady was miles ahead of me (literally) and 30 seconds behind Curtis. They both passed me at the 8 mile mark (lucky things). I was only at the 5 mile mark. RESPECT.

I did it! Not the most elegant race, not the fastest, but my longest race, never mind run, and my first ever 15km so it's a PB regardless. YAY! But next time I'm signing up for this:

1km kids' race

Definitely felt very nervous pre-race - that was until I was practically knocked over by Curtis: That energiser bunny was just looking to kill a hour before Crossfit. FYI: Curtis I was kidding when I asked if you were aiming for a sub-hour 15km time. I didn't really think it was possible. But what do I know? Actually there were a number of sub hour 15km finishers. Next time ;-))

To confirm - unlike Curtis I did not Crossfit today - I saw the today's CF routine posted last night and a 15km run looked easier. ;-)

Lining up with 2200 other competitors

Beautiful day for a run - 70 degrees!! peeps -
& constantly breezy down by the river
Apparently Texas hasn't been this cool/ cold since March.

So happy with my 10km time
Only 1 minute slower than my last 10km race (LOVEhearts) in February 2011
DESPITE currently being 20lbs heavier :-( than I was in 6 months ago.

Starting to drop back - had a mild panic attack about the distance still to cover at the 8 mile mark and had to walk it off for a bit. That and not eating anything since waking up was starting to hit me.

Less than 20 seconds after crossing the line - I was happily ensconced in a chair
Resting my dusty tired feet.
Check out the US race timer chip.

All my runs since Feb this year.
The 10km peak in the middle - 5 June - is actually's AJ's 10km race
Proof - this distance and race was a BIGGGGGGG stretch for me.

Lots of walking dips. What's new?!


Celebrating on the couch
 - my preferred recovery position ;-)
Just need to work up the energy to eat some food:

Post race yumminess 

Happy Labor Day Y'all - Next race 1/2 Marathon in 20 days !! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment