Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Going for Gold


SERIOUSLY - I've just discovered that I may have a chance of making it to the 2012 Olympics after all.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.

No I didn't win the ballot for tickets OR the subsequent ticket ballot OR the ballot after that, for the over 70s Olympic croquet tournament or whatever undersubscribed event was left ;-))

And no my application for 'Trampolinist MOST terrified of heights' Olympic contest has not been accepted.

BUT it turns out I have a chance of 'dropping'* the Olympic Torch en route to it's 2012 London Olympic home. All thanks to my sisters for nominating me. Knew having sisters would come in useful one day! ;-))

(*I'm obsessed with how that baby remains lit 24/7 - across lands, seas and in all weathers. How? How? I wouldn't really drop it. OK maybe I would but a) only for scientific reasons and b) only if no-one was looking.) 

BUT, BUT, BUT - in order to have a chance of actually getting my paws on the Olympic Flame and getting as close to Olympian glory as this girl EVER will, I REALLLLLLLLY need your help.

  1. Please check out my Olympic Nomination now. It will take you just 60 seconds. Plus I featured as many of you as I could ;-)) Yes this is a legitimate work activity if your boss asks. So. Click. Now.
  2. 'LIKE' it (really what's to hate - unless you're allergic to pink!?)
  3. Even better support my nomination - i.e. pretend you know & like me and complete the box below the video. 
  4. Tweet/ FB/ share my nomination with your friends - here's the link http://bit.ly/ob1cvT
Pretty pretty please. I can't tell you HOW grateful I would be. Plus why should the kids have ALLLL the fun?! (It is not lost on me that the average age of my fellow nominees is around 16. I'm guessing this is EXACTLY why my kind, kind sisters nominated me!)

In hindsight, just crashing the Olympic partay may have been simpler! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment