Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh to have winged feet

Running with an official Marathon Pace Setter automatically gives you winged feet like so, right?


Well only for the first 6 mins by my experience on Monday:


Mostly I'm so happy that I didn't completely pull out of this practise pace session with the lovely AJ and Sarah (which was my default reaction when I woke on Monday) and that I at least attempted a 9 minute mile pace (which I didn't believe was even possible).

I did end up trotting about 500m behind AJ and Sarah which is not really the point of 'pacing' but hopefully a disasterous dress rehearsal makes for a perfect on-the-day performance. Keep everything crossed for me and Jo next Sunday.

*I should note that we did run further than the distance above - I just got so happy seeing that Sarah and AJ had stopped - I didn't realise they had stopped at AJ's car for a drink whilst I caught them up and that there was more distance and uphill at that to go. ;-((

Plus for my feeble efforts yesterday, I was outed today as I was spotted 'running' by a colleague. My colleagues only ever see me pre or post workout NEVER during - which is how I've managed to maintain my fitness rep alongside all these proMarathon runners. I am so thankful that I was spotted during one of the nanoseconds when I was actually running - as you see from above those moments are rare!

PLUS - BIG NEWS: If you are keen to get on the running bandwagon (I promise it is easier than I make it sound - I'm just a terrible moaner) and you're looking for an incentive to start running - Juneathon starts tomorrow - run and blog everyday in June -i.e. like Janathon just without the freezing temps and snow - for all the details of Juneathon check here. OR if you fancy something a little less insane for June, OneTwentyFive is commencing her lose 5lbs and run 5km in 30days as of tomorrow. Absolutely go check her out and her amazing resources STAT.

OneTwentyFive and I have identical love-hate-can't do relationships with running - this girl can literally do no wrong except suggesting periodically that she give up her blog and do real life instead! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment