Saturday, April 23, 2011

Shopping Miracles


MIRACULOUS day today. I went clothes shopping and actually came home with a new and complete summer outfit. Plus none of it is lycra or sports related. This never happens to me - as you can tell from every pic of late - I LIVE in lycra. I am just too cool ;-))

Typically when I go shopping I either die of boredom, get distracted by hunger, get peeved when everything I try fails at the dressing room stage - however flattering the lighting OR simply just fail to be inspired by what is on display AND in my price range.  But to come home with not just one random item of clothing BUT rather a complete outfit, including shoes -  EASTER MIRACLE!!

Even better l'ensemble is quite cute (even if I do say so myself), will be perfecto for the hot climes I'm heading to in just a few weeks - EEEK and best of all - despite taking a huge pile of size 12 and size 14s combinations into the dressing room with me (I'm having a very 'FAT' month - ODing on mini cream eggs will do that ;-)) I actually ended up buying size 10 bottoms AND tops!! Even though this involved getting the v. cute male shop assistants to fetch different sizes for me - whilst being half naked - NOT at all embarrassing ;-))

Later on my Dad, repeat MY DAD acted as the Style vs Comfort Director whilst I literally tried on EVERY pair of summer sandals in the entire shoe metropolis.  He did good. Real good. He hung in there for 40 minutes without complaint. Trying on 27+ pairs takes that long ;-)) Don't fear - he was sitting comfortably the entire time - marvelling at how far the notion of a shoe has been stretched! The almighty clothing Gods also managed to hang in there too as they allowed me to walk away with the perfect pair of sandals which unbeknownst to me also had 25% off - STEAL!!

So I'm meeting some of my FAVOURITEST people on the planet on Easter Monday for some much overdue fun and when I rock up in my newest favourite outfit, outwardly I'll be all - pssh this old thing (as it seems to be so not done to admit to new clothes - WHYYYYYYY?!) but inwardly I'll be majorly strutting in a 'check out my unbelievable size 10 frame dressed in this delectable mirage of cuteness'. There really is a first time for everything.

My Easter Bunny tail is bob, bob, bobbing at my first complete summer outfit of 2011. In honour of this auspicious occasion I might even attempt a 'What I Wore' one off edition post in homage to my favourite style blogging GODDESSES. Stay tuned xx

No comments:

Post a Comment