Friday, July 23, 2010

A picture says a thousand words

The long awaited Boutique Photo Album is finally here – but before you peruse the fabulous images below – first I need to give a MASSIVE shout out to Daniel at SportCam for helping me locate and procure these fabulous images so easily even when he definately wanted to kill me for confusing the file names one too many times! Getting such amazing finish line photos of (nearly) every single runner of the 2000 participants of the Boutique Run is no mean feat – you can see for yourselves SportCam’s amazing ACTION shots!!

(I have also borrowed a few images from the amazingly snap happy Lucinda – again some brilliant photography, if I don’t say so myself!)

To those individuals, particularly Sophie and Sarah, whose action shots I wasn’t able to locate or anyone who’ve I somehow omitted (and believe me I scanned through a LOT of photos), clearly you crossed the finish line at such a pace that ever the camera shutter speed couldn’t keep up with you - so your amazing feats are conspicuous here by your absence ;)

Every Run should involve cupcakes - its so ordained!

Clearly the promise of cupcakes did the trick!

Pre-run - that much is evident from the still beaming grins of some of the much-loved Hyde Park SUPERchicks!

Me with the amazing Honourary CHICKs who can be identified via their BIBs!!!

SUPERchick Founder Cat - after her HEROIC 1km (no joke) SPRINT - just to cheer me on my way!
Check out this lady's feet - she is officially FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Honourary CHICK Megan - crossing the finish line, not letting up one bit OR for that matter even breaking a sweat!

SUPERchick Lucinda - ultraglam and making this look a breeze - Check out that GRIN - You'd never guess this lady also completed a TRIATHLON the same weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Not looking quite SO happy - this one is me at the 5km point - the 10km shot is hilarious but really not suitable for public consumption (1hr8mins of running does strange things to me!)
{Boutiquers - if you need a giggle you can easily find it if you so choose!}

SUPERchick AJ chasing my heels just a few seconds behind me- also illustrating how gorgeous you can look even after running 10km. So I have NO excuse really.
(AJ = Awesome Jo and YES, I'm President of her Fan Club)

Catching up with the scarily fast Sophie long enough to pose in Mother Hubbard's Shoe

Post-race - smile back in situ mostly by the thought of a giant cocktail literally the size as demonstrated here BARMAN

All the SUPERchick gang with their well deserved medals

Some of the apres-run madness - SUPERchick FOUNDER!! Cat
and Triathlon AND Boutique completer Lucinda lead the way

Out of respect for everyone's dignity (or what's left of it) this public account of the Boutique Run will end here - except to say the rest of the night was FUN, FUN, FUN and the queue for the SUPERchick photobooth never stopped!!!

However my 10km race debacle doesn’t end here – Sophie convinced me yesterday to sign up to the 10km race at the Old Deer Park in Richmond on Sunday 1st August, 9am. I am actually more terrified about this 10km even knowing that I just about managed to run my first ever 10km just a few weeks ago.

The 10km on the 1st August will be my INAUGURAL Proper (interpret: very serious) race, not a friendly/girlie give-it-a-go, it-doesn’t-matter-if-you-walk-some-of-it event. I imagine there will be mainly proficient runners present on the 1st August, not to mention, lots of scary looking men beasting their PBs.

Plus there is the little matter of this race being only 9 days away and the only tiny bit of running I’ve managed since the Boutique Run was a 3 mile interval SUPERchick session yesterday as I didn’t think I’d be attempting a repeat of the 10km until like 2020!

I am clearly insane.

Luckily the thought of Sophie’s (maddeningly fresh but nonetheless) friendly face waiting for me at the finish line is helping to steady my nerves – that plus we’ve already agreed that we are treating ourselves to a yummy lunch in Richmond post race!

p.s. Let me know if you have any TOP TIPS for best places to eat out in Richmond- really need some great food inspiration to help me complete this 10 km next Sunday. EEK!

p.p.s Check back tomorrow - My Commando Challenge Team will be introducing themselves!! The team reveal some very surprising, not to mention HILARIOUS stuff about themselves so you definitely don’t want to miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment