Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Fab Five Go Commando!!

Despite penning 21 best selling Famous Five adventures, this is one story Enid Blyton never got round to writing! But forget Enid Blyton’s Famous Five – who needs Anne, George, Julian, Dick and Timmy (the dog peeps in case you weren’t quite as OBSESSED with the books as I was allllllll those years ago!!) when you have “The Fab Five” assembled, boots licked, practicing their salute for all those F.I.N.E. MARINES and awaiting their commando challenging orders.


I literally couldn’t have asked for a more brilliant, more enthusiastic team to crawl, run, wade and slide our collective way through the dreaded Commando Challenge in October – and as everyone who knows me knows, I am OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD fussy.

So without any further ado, it gives me IMMENSE pleasure to introduce these LOVELIEST of Commando Challengers to you:

Don't be scared even if it is a cautionary tale of the effects of champagne!!

Plus who can forget......

The Pocket Rocket - OK now I admit it, I'm scared!

Sergeant Major: The Vixen


This unhesitatingly eager beaver doesn’t have the words CAN’T or WON’T in her vocab, instead she’ll have you sprinting extra laps or undertaking an additional ab session before you realize you’ve been hoodwinked! Plus this girl has all the muscle groups down whereas we mere mortals refer to legs and arms, this lady will be demanding exercises for “caps” - whatever they are.

Most looking forward to about Commando Challenge: Getting more buff/exceptionally ripped than a Marine

Least looking forward to about Commando Challenge: Mud in hair

Secret Ambition: If I told you, I would have to kill you!

What makes me a SUPERchick extraordinaire? As competitive as I am and no matter how much I want to get ripped, encouraging others to do more than they thought they could is 100% my fav thing about being a SUPERchick.

Little known fact about me: I have been obsessed with blue Lipsyl lip balm since I was 8 yrs old and have never been anywhere without one for 17 yrs (JEEZE that's a long time!), it's usually in my right pocket or on the grass when we do sit ups!

Opinion of exercise: harder, faster!

When I’m not exercising, you will likely find me: erm...smoking obsessing over fashion & invariably with a drink in the other hand.

Weapons Expert: The Pocket Rocket:


Soon-to-be-married, sweetest person EVER. Faster than a speeding bullet but with the coordination of a grenade ….truly the ultimate unlikely combination! (Though admittedly she can do 20 FULL pressups without even breaking a sweat! – Next time, we’ll be requesting planche pushups from the Pocket Rocket, just you wait!!) We simply couldn’t or wouldn’t want to attempt this or in fact pretty much anything without you.

Most looking forward to: Getting muddy

Least looking forward to: The wall (if there’s one) have you seen the size of me, I’m tiny!

Secret Ambition: To instantly lose 7 pounds just by taking part!

What makes me a SuperChick extraordinaire? I’m actually really lazy, so I’m always surprised when I agree to do an extra round of push up’s with the hard core Vixen!

Little known fact about me: I’m half Maltese.

Opinion of exercise: It means I can eat pasta.

When I’m not exercising, you will likely find me: Hanging out with my friends, trying to be a sophisticated Sex and the City Girl, but then order a pint of cider at the bar

The Double Agent: 007 - Little not La(r)ge

A celeb never forgets how to pose!

Our in-house double agent – this former celebrity(!!!) now devotes her subterfuge skills to playing down her not inconsiderable fitness and stamina. This girl can be convinced to try anything once (perhaps why of all of us she’s the one happily married!?!) – Totally love this girl’s pioneering spirit!

Most looking forward to: Hot marines (although don’t tell my husband!)

Least looking forward to: Submerged tunnels which I'm told are called "Smartie Tubes". My mum tells me that when I was a kid a tube of smarties would instantly cheer me up – though I have a feeling I may start sobbing when I come face to face with this variety!

Secret ambition: As The Vixen can verify I am a celebrity junky so I think a roving reporter for Heat Magazine would be my ideal job!

What makes me a SUPERchick extraordinaire: The fact that I don’t live in London so technically travel 80 miles for a SUPERchick class. Dedication my friend, dedication!

Little known fact about me: When I was 11, I appeared on game show “Run the Risk”. As well as getting covered in gunge, I confessed on television that my hobbies were playing netball and computer games – geek alert! We did come second though and I claimed a fantastic prize of, wait for it…. a selection of board games!!

Opinion of exercise: A necessary evil although SUPERchick is slowly convincing me exercise can be (again, wait for it!) FUN!

When I’m not exercising you will find me: Sad to say but on a date with Sky+ catching up on my trashy American TV shows! And catching up with friends of course! Though Sky+ comes first - always!

Secret Weapon: The X Factor

Her secret identity mustn't be revealed!

The ink has barely dried on this NEW SUPERchick’s contract when she dived (or was she pushed!!) head first into the mayhem – can’t wait to see what strengths, hilarity and sparkle this girl will undoubtedly bring to the mix.

Most looking forward to: Pretending I am an actual hardcore marine for the day!

Least looking forward to: Any part of the assault course which requires any amount of upper body strength (assuming most of it?!) as have none whatsoever......hmmm 3 months to get some biceps!

Secret Ambition: To be a zookeeper (although only if they put me on baby giraffe feeding duties rather than cleaning out reptile poo)

What makes me a SuperChick extraordinaire?  I completed my first marathon this year after signing up 3 weeks before (although some might call this stupidity!)

Little known fact about me: On my 10th birthday I got a kiss on the cheek from Mark Owen!

Opinion of exercise: Have actually started to enjoy this in the last year but shhh...don’t tell anyone as this is hugely controversial!

When I’m not exercising, you will likely find me: Drinking pints of cider (I know 007, not very ladylike!) in a nice beer garden, skiing and snowboarding (far too much fun to count as exercise!) or catching up with friends.

Miss Commando-in-Chief

Really the less said, the better! Effectively I’m Timmy – running madly in circles, getting in everyone’s way and eating all the ice creams. This, I believe, is how the best wannabe leaders act!

This'll teach me to lay off those ice-creams!

So with the final touches being put in place on the first of three “Fab Five Go Commando” group training adventures (mahaha)… and with another 10!!!! Brilliant SUPERchicks (and Honorary Chicks) also signed up for Commando Challenge….. let the battle commence! x

No comments:

Post a Comment